X2Community Forums

Filter text re-appears in Chrome in gridview

Hi guys,

I have a weird issue.

On our one machine, using Chrome, if I go to a module and see grid-view of records, in the ID field column filter box, text appears for no reason to filter. The text in this filter is from an old filter exercise and has nothing to do with the ID field even.

The net result is that the grid-view then filters and obviously doesn't show anything.

I have cleared Chrome cache, cookies and all. On that machine if I log into the instance as other users it does the same in Chrome.

On the same machine using another browser its doesn't do it. Also on other machines, not the issue also. It seems to be one machine with that one Chrome.

Any idea how to fix it?

post-9927-0-03060800-1522145290_thumb.png

post-9927-0-18703600-1522145297_thumb.png

post-9927-0-68589300-1522145304_thumb.png

• Like 2

maybe chrome auto-fill issue?

Hi guys,

I have a weird issue.

On our one machine, using Chrome, if I go to a module and see grid-view of records, in the ID field column filter box, text appears for no reason to filter. The text in this filter is from an old filter exercise and has nothing to do with the ID field even.

The net result is that the grid-view then filters and obviously doesn't show anything.

I have cleared Chrome cache, cookies and all. On that machine if I log into the instance as other users it does the same in Chrome.

On the same machine using another browser its doesn't do it. Also on other machines, not the issue also. It seems to be one machine with that one Chrome.

Any idea how to fix it?

AltF4 are you sure thats the Chrome issue? If so its great to have found the source!

[WORK-AROUND] Our work-around involves one of mutliples of the following: 

• X2CRM Clear filter button toggle,
  • alternative is clearing browser data and cookies and
  • start using Incognito or
  • another browser.

But would be great if it van be solved.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi AltF4,

how do you mean you clear autofill for the fields or the URL. Do you turn autofill completely off? Cant see where chrome uses autofill per domain or specific field. Also cant see how that can relate to random field headings in the gridview.

Please elaborate as this bug is serious disabling the X2 base functions

Thanks

Hi Eugene,

my given answer was imprecise. You´ve to delete your saved passwords (only) for your used X2.domain, see https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95606?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en--> 

You can delete passwords at any time:

1. At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
  2. At the bottom, click Advanced.
  3. Under "Passwords and forms," click Manage passwords.
  4. Delete: To the right of the website, click More More and then Remove.

Hi Alt+F4,

seems you are onto something. It works for me since last week. Havent had the problem for a week now. Maybe its the Google vault from the previous browser version to the new upgrade that doesnt work. But clearing the password of that domain have stopped it for now.

Thanks a mil. Will keep monitoring.

[CONFIRMED BUG]

Guys I have done extensive testing with Alt+F4's advice (above) and can confirm this bug is based on the chrome saved password for the domain where X2 is hosted. If a password is saved for that specific instance of the domain where X2 is, it autofills the gridview. Passwords saved for other domains dont have a influence. As well as other X2 instances in your browser password list. But passwords for the URL instance you work on, the bug appears.

X2, do you guys have a solution maybe yet?

Thanks Alt+F4

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi X2 guys,

I just want to ad some weight to this issue. Although we found a work around as above, by never saving your username and password for your site, it is creating serious mistrust in the software due to the impact it has on users. 

We found that users do not know the work around and as normal users, can't fix it themselves. The nature of the bug means that if you look at your grid-view, it seems your records are gone or you simply can't reach your records because the bug places your login details into the filter field, thus constantly filtering your records and not showing any records then.

As far as I could I informed my user-base of this bug and how to fix it. Problem are users aren't that accommodating when they cant use the basic interface.

Any fix yet maybe?

Thanks

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...