X2Community Forums

[Solved] Changing logo error

Hey Guys,

Please see attached images.

Hope someone can help with this, i'm currently running the Open Source version of x2engine & i tried to change the logo at the bottom of the index page.

I've tried changing the name in the PHP file named "main" which kept showing this error by calling the image the same as the previous name "powered_by_x2engine".

When i tried to change it back to the original logo & taken the new logo off the system it still doesn't accept it & the new logo keeps showing, it doesn't acknowledge that the new logo is no longer there & that the old logo is back.

I have also tried to change the hash to match the new logo.

Once the logo was changed to the new logo the error message as shown in the pic comes up & i'm unable to access anything on the system all the modules .

Any advice would be helpful as this has stalled all my progress.

Kind Regards

post-10277-0-49031400-1445438990_thumb.jpg

post-10277-0-36324700-1445438991_thumb.jpg

Hello,

If you've changed the file back to the original logo and removed any modifications to the code that affect the logo check and it is still causing an issue, I would recommend deleting the contents of the assets directory in the webroot and refreshing your browser cache to make sure that the original logo is loaded instead of a cached one.

It's also worth briefly mentioning that the license header at the top of every file in the Open Source edition states:

In accordance with Section 7( of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3,
these Appropriate Legal Notices must retain the display of the "Powered by
X2Engine" logo. If the display of the logo is not reasonably feasible for
technical reasons, the Appropriate Legal Notices must display the words
"Powered by X2Engine".

We only ask that you maintain the single "Powered By X2Engine" logo at the bottom of the page as attribution, and it is considered a license violation to tamper with that particular logo.

Jake

Hi Jake,

Yh i've done that & still nothing has changed, the new logo is still being shown even though I've removed it from the directory & re-added the old logo i also have cleared the cache.

I was unware that this was a violation, i'm more than happy to change it back i just need some help if possible as i'm out of options i have no idea what is causing the problem.

Kind Regards

Hello,

If you've undone all of your modifications, replaced the file, and deleted the contents of the assets directory, try navigating to the admin page (admin/index) via URL to refresh the X2 cache. I just tested replacing the logo and that was the final step required to remove all traces of the old file.

Jake

• 3 weeks later...

Jake,

Can you explain why this GNU license would apply to paid users of X2?   The very first paragraph of the GNU states: "The GNU General Public License is a free, copyleft license for software and other kinds of works."  For subscribers of X2 that paid for the software (annually no less) we are held to the same restrictions?  That does not seem quite right.

Hello,

If you've changed the file back to the original logo and removed any modifications to the code that affect the logo check and it is still causing an issue, I would recommend deleting the contents of the assets directory in the webroot and refreshing your browser cache to make sure that the original logo is loaded instead of a cached one.

It's also worth briefly mentioning that the license header at the top of every file in the Open Source edition states:

In accordance with Section 7( of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3,
these Appropriate Legal Notices must retain the display of the "Powered by
X2Engine" logo. If the display of the logo is not reasonably feasible for
technical reasons, the Appropriate Legal Notices must display the words
"Powered by X2Engine".

We only ask that you maintain the single "Powered By X2Engine" logo at the bottom of the page as attribution, and it is considered a license violation to tamper with that particular logo.

Jake

• 3 weeks later...

Jake,

I am happy to keep it on topic, but unfortunately my separate post... about this very same thing... has gone unanswered.  I was not attempting to hijack a thread, but rather to get a response... which currently still remains open.

Respectfully,

Realistically, the forums aren't the best place to discuss this. You're only going to find developers on here for the most part... not anyone who is capable of dealing with licensing issues. Support case would probably be your best bet to get it read, but I don't know that you'll get a favorable response.

Jake

• 3 months later...