I have been updating my little bugs and niggles list for the recent version. Maybe someone else also have these with either a solution or not?
the Login Button doesn't have or get focus when login is this for using Enter button on keyboard. Thus after typing details you have to mouse over and click SIGN IN
On log in of all our systems sometimes, after login occured and you are directed to your default dashboard page we get this error:
Error Code:500 Error Message:CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry 'tc0fbig8b9tmpeehf0u9l860l2' for key 'PRIMARY'
Static list cant add contact in anyway. Can only use Dynamic lists. When selecting contact/s and tryaing to Add to List it just hangs and timing circles just spins
Folder. Moving an email template/s to another folder where there is more than one page of folder available, you can't select another page to choose your folder. Gives following error Error 404: Unable to resolve the request "docs/getFolderSelector/id".
sorry for the late reply. Lets see if we can fix this.
From what I can see I still have some things different which will make a difference. You need to create some fields in Gravity with default values. These values you then need to put into the relevant fields of the 3rd party plugin. They are separate from the user fields you need the client to complete.
GF Fields: I usually separate and Group my fields on Gravity Forms to know what they do. I have attached screenshots (Shots 1-3) to show you. First I group SETTING type fields and then any other fix values I want to pass through I put in FIELDS group. All these fields are on the Gravity form with default values, but hidden from the end-user. By doing this you can use these values in your 3rd party app. You can see the default values I have in the fields in grey.
3RD PARTY PLUGIN: You will need to setup like I have in my screenshot. Especially the Content-type. If setup in the field, then you can use this in the header also. The final screenshot shows how I mapped all fields and Header setting.
If your .htaccess file is setup right, this should pass through. Remember to include the Visibility and AssignTo fields as compulsory seeing as just creating a user via the API will leave these field nulled thus your contact wont show in X2 front-end even if it was created in the X2 DB. By setting the Visibility and Assignto values your contact will show.
First post, sorry I am still lost. Basically your last piece of your request...:-)
1. Lookup field with +: When you start typing a name into a lookup field, it will bring up a list of the related names from the module where that lookup is linked to. So say you type Joe Soap in your new module lookup field from Contacts, if Joe Soap exists in the Contacts module it will show and you can just select the name, which will link the records using Joe Soap. If Joe Soap doesn't exist, you can create Joe Soap by clicking the + sign, which will open to quick create dialogue box effectively creating Joe in Contacts, as well as filling in the name in your lookup field once you Submit.
2. You mention multiple custom modules all with a full name. Thus I understand as a separate action once you selected Joe Soap in the one module and saved, the same contact must then be automated to be filled into the similar lookup fields in the other modules?. So as to avoid looking up the same name in each module? If so, depending on your setup you can use workflow with daisy chain attributes. I can help you also with this.
3. Observation issue: This sounds like its due to compulsory fields that need to be filled in, which might not only be the Full Name field. Remember, the Full name field is done by the system as a combo of First name and Last Name. The default X2 have various compulsory fields before you can save. (Red star next to field). If any of these fields aren't done it will give that warning. Sounds to me like when you create a contact using the + option from your lookup field, it might be that you aren't completing the compulsory fields, or they may even be hidden from the dialogue box thus you wont know about them. Personally I take off compulsory aspects on fields as they also screw up your forms to collect info.
5. Lists in the other modules seem to be problematic. Examples
5.a) list available in left menu of a module isn't available in the module top menu drop-down. Inconsistency.
5. Reports Lists menu option crashes
5.c) Products Lists menu option crashes
5.d) Leads Lists
5.d.1) Menu option changes left menu and then doesnt have Leads List as top option. Selecting Lists from Leads becomes a Create menu feature. Should have Leads still at the top
5.d.2)) Leads Lists - Creating dynamic list criteria comes from field in Leads module. However, grid view of the list shows fields from Contacts module, not Leads module. This Gridview cant really be used with your fields from Leads module.
5.e) Opportunity Lists - Creating dynamic list criteria comes from field in Opportunities module. However, grid view of the list shows fields from Contacts module, not Oppertunties module. This Gridview cant really be used with your fields from Opps.
you can do all the above via the interface and workflows basically.
On linking this is quite a funky feature. You are somewhat right that each module acts on its own. However, X2 has this unique view of almost a many to many type relationship between modules you can use. On the interface you see this from the RELATIONSHIPS widget on a record. But to create this relationship is easy simply by creating a field in a module using the LOOKUP field option and selecting the other module. This effectively links, via that field the modules.
If a relationship exists between modules, you can daisy-chain fields to use formulas also in workflows. In other words, in your new module, if linked to a Contact record from Contacts, you can (using a workflow) update say the email field in New from Contacts. Thus 'pulling through' the Contacts email field from Contacts to the new module field. Powerful feature I use a lot.
Agree with Attila on those points. Weird to add Company as another linked field. I would have just named the field in the form and kept accounts.
Here are other bugs following your numbering sequence:
3) Reports module left menu LISTS option creates Error 500. Not sure what this Lists option does, assuming its to do reports on lists?
4.a ) eMail from Contact records creates over-sized dialogue box hiding the Top bar of the email dialogue box. Thus to resize in order to type email means zooming out of your browser to see the complete email dialogue box. then resizing it.
4.b ) Resizing the bottom and right of the email dialogue box has some hidden gap. Hovering over the box border doesn't show the sizing handle, you have to move away from the actual box to get the sizing handle. Minor but will confuse many users.
No worries John, to create a tag you don't do it in the tag cloud. The cloud just shows tags already used in the system. The tags in the cloud you can however drag and drop onto a records tag widget.
Creating a tag is easy. In any record such as a contact record, just click and type in the contacts tag widget. You will see it starts creating the tag. On Enter, it will have created the tag on the record as well as in the tag cloud.
Tags are also created by other means such as workflows, forms completion etc. Also the system sometimes creates its own internal tags. TAGS ARE AWESOME!
By the way, you can hide the record tag widget also and if so its available to re-display by clicking on the gear wheel.
I have long since been looking for an elegant solution for integrating another more flexible form-tool for WordPress with X2CRM. Some other guys tried developing WordPress plugins but I was never able to work with that.
I extensively started using Gravity Forms (GF) on all my and customer sites due to its incredible flexibility and ease of use. Using GF I tend to always ask the contact details and then my custom field, which I don't always need in X2, but would like to capture the contact and maybe do some cool automation stuff. I tent to prefer not to hard code, to avoid custom dependency.
I found a great and elegant solution for this and it works great.
Using Gravity forms there is a little known GF plugin called SEND TO THIRD PARTY. This simplifies the RestAPI POST call by giving you a simple plkug and play type page with additional GF settings. Install the plugin in WordPress and in Gravity forms you can easily set it up to post to X2CRM by completing some key fields.
So now I can use GF fully and send the contact and fields info over to X2CRM. Adding tags directly, making lists and using X2Flow Record Create triggers do even more with the new record comming in from GF.
I hope this helps someone else that also wants to use Gravity Forms for more advanced form features on your website.