We have managed to resolve this after quite some digging.
It turns out that the issue stemed from a security issue with CPANEL, in a specific version that they hosting company had installed. Once the hosting company upgraded the version of CPANEL the issue went away.
Just thought I would add. That this situation seems to be intermittent. Some days it works others it stops working, and I have checked the logs and generally there are no errors logged so it is difficult to actually work this out.
I have a similar themed question, however I feel it may come down to Authentication issue.
I am trying to develop WordPress integration plugin, which makes use of the API2. However, I am unable to actually connect to the API. I have read the documentation and Created an API user, and have assigned it sufficient privileges, as defined in the Documentation https://wiki.x2crm.c...API_Reference .
The issue seems to be that I am unable to connect to API via Postman or Direct Browser. In order to test out I thought I would attempt to access the most basic call first which I assume would be [my url here ] /index.php/api2/appInfo.json
However, whilst I do get a Credentials box pop up asking for the credentials, and I supply the User name and the API Key generated, I am only able to receive
"Missing user credentials: user"
Is there an additional user configuration step I need to complete ? I have also tried to use my User Account and API key, of which I am administrator of the the system, but I am still not able to connect.
I have tried using Postman using Basic Auth and using the Username & API key, and experience the same results.
We are getting this problem again. It's quite annoying and happens for no rhyme or reason.
Some background, we decided to leave this functionality mainly because we thought we wait to upgrade the X2CRM, thinking that the issue may be in the version we had. We are now using 6.93.
But the problem has simply resurfaced.
In order to test this completely. What we did was export all our old data. Then we completely uninstalled the application completely removing any old files etc. We then installed the new version completely fresh on the server.
However, the same problem re-occurs.
We configured MailGun, using both the API and SMTP settings. We just couldn't get the API to verify. However when we configured the SMTP it worked. We were able to send a few email (5) then we left it for a couple of days and now it is unable to send any emails or even verfify once again.