X2Community Forums

I'm playing with a trial version of X2CRM before deciding upon what CRM to go with.  Thus, my knowledge of this software is very limited.

One of the essential features we are looking for is the ability to view clients' birthdates on the calendar so that we can send cards.  What we would really like is send cards not to the clients, but to the clients' children (since the children are the ones we work with the most in our business).  I have tried adding birthdate fields to the Contacts module with the "Manage Field" tool, but the new fields are not showing up for existing or new contacts.  How do I modify the display so that data for these fields can be added?  Once these fields have data, will there be any way to display the information on the calendar?

Thanks.

Hello,

David is correct that you need to modify your form before the field will display. As for the Calendar question... right now the Calendar only displays Actions. There isn't really any way to make it display information from a field in a Contact record as an object on the Calendar.

I'm actually not really sure how feasible that is with the Calendar extension we're using, but if you're good with javascript you might be able to make it work.

Jake

• 2 years later...