#1 Adam MacLeod

Adam MacLeod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

Hello All:

I have created a product in X2CRM. When I go to a contact, and click on Create Quote, I can then choose a Quote Template. When I edit the template and select it, the quote does not show the formatting or the content of the template. For instance, it does not show the customer's information, nor their first and last name, or any of the {variables} used in the quote template. Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Adam MacLeod

#2 Guest_x2demitri_*

Guest_x2demitri_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

I found something similar that can be fixed. I'm not 100% sure it is the same problem as what you're running into, but this is what it is:

1. Create a quote

2. Set the default template for the quote

3. Email the quote from within the inline view on a contact

Problem: the default template isn't what's selected, only the legacy "empty" quote template that is used when nothing else is available (it has the line items and other information about the quote but nothing about the customer). One can get around this problem by selecting "custom message" in the template selector and then changing it back to the desired template, but this shouldn't even be necessary. It should load the desired template straight away.

Is that the same as what you're running into?

#3 Adam MacLeod

Adam MacLeod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

Hello X2demitri.

Thank you very much for the tip. That totally worked. Now the quote templates work great!

I had another question on quotes. Is there a way to have X2CRM send an email to a specific email address, say the sales manager, whenever a new quote is created? The email would contain the new quote.

Thanks for all your help.

Best Regards,

Adam MacLeod

Best Regards,

Adam MacLeod

#4 Guest_x2demitri_*

Guest_x2demitri_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

Glad to know that worked. The bug has been entered into our bug tracker and will be fixed by the next release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users