4 replies to this topic

#1 Mauricio

Mauricio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hi, sorry, my english too bad...

I need add column in quote to show description of product, not only name of product. 

How I can make that.

Thanks.

#2 Guest_x2demitri_*

Guest_x2demitri_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

The solution is to use the "comments" field in the items table. Would it suffice to bring the description of the product into the comment field of the line item?

Note, however, that the description of a product can be almost arbitrarily long, whereas it may not be practical to include lengthy comments (since it is, after all, a column in a table, from a design standpoint). The comments field was originally intended for brief notes regarding the line item and why adjustments, if any, were applied to it. This (hopefully) covers most use cases.

#3 Mauricio

Mauricio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for the clarification. The point is that we want to try to make quotes on security cameras, but in the camera name put on the model, we need to associate a short description.

Thanks for the reply.

#4 DonnaParrish

DonnaParrish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

Is there a way to add a field to the product line in the quote? We sell magazine ads. Our advertisers contract for the same size ads over multiple issues. It would be nice to list the ad as the product (say, full-page ad) and then have an issue date for each one. So it would say:

full-page ad || 2014 July

full-page ad || 2014 August

full-page ad || 2014 September

We could load all the ad combinations for every issue, and will, if we have to. But if there were some way to add a field to the quote, our lives would be easier! Thank you.

#5 Guest_x2demitri_*

Guest_x2demitri_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

Hi Donna,

Is there a way to add a field to the product line in the quote? We sell magazine ads. Our advertisers contract for the same size ads over multiple issues. It would be nice to list the ad as the product (say, full-page ad) and then have an issue date for each one. 

This question has been asked recently by another -

http://x2community.c...roducts-fields/

Could you please direct comments and any further suggestions for such a feature to there? I've moved it to Feature Requests because now there have been at least three requests for this sort of feature, so it seems well worth considering as such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users