I18N German

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ostorch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:12 AM

I started testing X2 and I am taken with it by now. But as a enthusiat for German, I'm not really happy with some phrasing in German translation (in X2 Who did the translation? Will there be improvement?

If we are going to roll out X2 in our company, I will be going to fix the translation to formal German. (which is quite easy thanks to file structure and the X2 translation editor). Will it make sense to give some feedback to the translator or the community?

#2 John Roberts

John Roberts

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hi Ostorch,
Thanks for your feedback. Yes, our translations at this point are very basic. We use Google Translate and its not perfect. If you could improve the German language pack and post it to the forums that would be great.

Also, we are set to GA the 1.0 release early next week.

#3 Guest_X2Matthew_*

• Guests

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

Ostarch, we have also received a set of German translations from another community member and we're going to include that in our next major release. There are a lot of missing translations as well, and the next week is going to be spent almost entirely on updating the translations and QA testing.

#4 Tabber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

I'm just testing x2engine and found some discussions about the german translation. I have now x2engine 1.6 from July 18th installed. But there are still some lines to improve. Is this due to new features which had until now no translation support from other members of this community or is it a problem of creating the final zip file?

I also found a mistake in the sources which make translation difficult. For example in file x2engine/protected/modules/users/views/default/view.php
lines 44 to 46:
array('label'=>Yii::t('users','View User')),
array('label'=>Yii::t('users','Update User'), 'url'=>array('update', 'id'=>$model->id)),
array('label'=>Yii::t('contacts','Delete User'), 'url'=>'#', 'linkOptions'=>array('submit'=>array('delete','id'=>$model->id),'confirm'=>Yii::t('a pp','Are you sure you want to delete this item?'))),

The first parameter of "Delete User" is 'contacts' and not 'users' so I had to add the line into the "wrong" file to get it work.
I can't say, if there are more similar findings.
Is this intentionally or simply a copy-and-paste error which was not found before?

Additionally I found a lot of untranslated entries. For these are no lines at all in the translation files, so I think there is no complete list available which contains all texts to translate. That makes it difficult for others to translate except they search in the source codes. May be it is an effect of new functions, also.
If helpful, I would try to create a list by 'grep'ing the source code for Yii::t(...). What would be the best way to upload the list to this forum or to the programmers?

Greetings from Germany

#5 Guest_X2Matthew_*

• Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

I believe the Yii::t('contacts','Delete User') is a typeo. As for translations in general, we are very happy to use any translations you do. Feel free to attach the files (in a zip archive if you have more than a few) and post them here in the I18N forums. Sadly we have fallen behind lately, and there are a lot of Yii::t() calls that have no entry in the messages files. Worse yet, there are a ton of messages that are just plain text with no call to Yii::t() at all. We do intend to bring translations back up to date, and also make it easier for users to submit better translations, but it's kind of a long term project.

#6 macjag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:50 PM

EN- English

Hello, first of all thank you for this great CRM.

I would like to optimize the German translation even further , but I can find in the corresponding PHP files not Listings.

> For example, In Contacts , the left column "All Contacts...Listen...Create Contacts...

> Similarly, the points below the contact information such as "Call, Logged Time, Actions...".

For tips and hints I would be very grateful.
Regards Thorsten

Hallo, erst einmal herzlichen Dank für dieses tolle CRM.
Gerne würde ich die deutsche Übersetzung noch weiter optimieren, jedoch kann ich in den dazugehörigen PHP-Dateien nicht die Einträge finden.

> Z.B. unter Kontakte die linke Spalte "All Contacts...Listen...Create Contacts...

> Ebenso die Punkte unterhalb der Kontaktdaten wie "Call, Logged Time, Actions...".

Für Tipps und Hinweise wäre ich sehr dankbar.
Viele Grüße Thorsten

#7 alt_f4

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:47 AM

Language-Pack, aufsetzend auf den aktuellen Dateien, hier zu finden: https://github.com/a.../tree/master/de

Die unklaren bzw. für den Betrieb zunächst nicht wesentlichen Übersetzungen sind (noch) nicht enthalten, ich arbeite aber daran.

Ich habe auch das beschriebene Problem, dass einige Einträge einfach nicht übersetzbar scheinen, die Translation-Systematik (rein technisch) ist nicht gut gelöst (Wort-für-Wort und nicht über Lookup)

Beste Grüße, Michael

#8 alt_f4

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:42 AM

Für unsere deutschsprachigen Anwender habe ich die Übersetzungen nochmals überarbeitet - das was geht, ist nun (überwiegend?) korrekt übersetzt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users