X2Community Forums

странности перевода / strangeness translation

Здравствуйте!

А кто-нибудь создавал нормальный русский перевод для x2crm? Тем переводом что идет в наборе пользоваться, мягко говоря, невозможно! Сам, конечно, начал потихоньку ковырять - но вопросов стало больше чем ответов...

Hello!
Has anyone created a normal Russian translation for x2crm?

As far as I'm aware we haven't received any submissions for Russian. We know the translations aren't particularly great, as we use Google to do our best but really rely on the community to improve them.

There is a translation manager available on the admin tab where you can edit translations yourself and save the files. Russian (and all the of the non-Latin alphabet languages) are the ones I'm most concerned about because we've got no idea how close to correct they are, and we can't easily correct capitalization issues.

Jake

• Like 1

Began to create a normal translation, faced with a problem: Not all fields and dialogs can be found in the /protected/messages/ru 

There are ways to transfer files?

Люди, РУССКИЕ! помогите создать нормальный перевод, сам все не успеваю!

• Like 1
Guest X2Matthew

Firstly, we found the flaw in the translation manager causing the translations to get cut off. PHP limits the number of rows that can be uploaded. The latest release should contain a fix for this, if not then you can manually edit your php.ini file and add the line

max_input_vars = 5000

If there are messages on the page that you can't find in the translation files, they may not have entries in the template. It's also possible there is no code in the actual page templates to get a translation, in which case you could manually add them. We're always adding new features to the software so we sometimes miss a few. If you do make any changes, feel free to share the files here and we'll update them in the base code. Also, remember to use the customization framework if you edit any files, otherwise your changes will be lost when you do an automatic update.

well, what about php - i can't edit php.ini, only .htaccess files... And i use last release of X2CRM...

About a translate files - it's still in progress, when i'll be near to end - i'll send it to you complete....

i can send it now, to compare and add some values in files, by the way on this link -index.php/site/createRecords?ret=contacts  translation does not work at all (all the inscriptions in English)

I just tried to add values ​​to the array - the result is not received, can I do something wrong?
Guest X2Matthew

The new version (to be released in about an hour) has a fix for this, it manually sets the value you would set in php.ini. Your server may not let the app change this value, so it may not work still. Unfortunately that value needs to be very high for the translation manager to work (we may change how it works someday but it will be a while). If you're manually editing the translation files, it should work as long as the app actually tries to translate the message. There are still some places where it doesn't, and you would have to edit each PHP file to fix these. We will scan through the app and find any missing translations soon, but not for this release.

In fact, it is no longer needed - I get by fine with manual editing via FTP!
One question remains unresolved:
How to track which file must be added to the dialogue, if it is not? Sometimes I have to add in several different files will not appear until the translation.
In an attachment, a preliminary version of transfer (requires a lot of improvements)
I do not understand the value of "Quotes"

• 2 months later...

Looks like Russian (and 3 other forums) had settings that were not consistent with the rest of the forums, I've fixed the permissions here and am in the process of fixing the other 3. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Jake

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent! Thank you for the contribution. I've added the language pack to our codebase and it will be included in the next release. We're very appreciative for the help on this, the community has been invaluable in the process of improving the translation files and we hope to make it as easy as possible to keep things up to date in the future.

Jake

Haha, if anyone knows how lengthy of a process the translations are it's me; I completely understand. Any contributions you make are really appreciated, don't worry about not having the time to get all of them. 

Thanks again for the contributions.

Jake

• Like 1

Source for protected/messages/ru/mobile.php (x2crm v 3.4.1): 

<?php
/*****************************************************************************************
 * X2CRM Open Source Edition is a customer relationship management program developed by
 * X2Engine, Inc. Copyright (C) 2011-2013 X2Engine Inc.
 * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
 * the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3 as published by the
 * Free Software Foundation with the addition of the following permission added
 * to Section 15 as permitted in Section 7(a): FOR ANY PART OF THE COVERED WORK
 * IN WHICH THE COPYRIGHT IS OWNED BY X2ENGINE, X2ENGINE DISCLAIMS THE WARRANTY
 * OF NON INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
 * This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
 * ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
 * FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU Affero General Public License for more
 * details.
 * You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with
 * this program; if not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses or write to the Free
 * Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA
 * 02110-1301 USA.
 * You can contact X2Engine, Inc. P.O. Box 66752, Scotts Valley,
 * California 95067, USA. or at email address contact@x2engine.com.
 * The interactive user interfaces in modified source and object code versions
 * of this program must display Appropriate Legal Notices, as required under
 * Section 5 of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3.
 * In accordance with Section 7( of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3,
 * these Appropriate Legal Notices must retain the display of the "Powered by
 * X2Engine" logo. If the display of the logo is not reasonably feasible for
 * technical reasons, the Appropriate Legal Notices must display the words
 * "Powered by X2Engine".
 *****************************************************************************************/

return array (
// Text
'Logout ({username})'=>'Выход ({username})',
'New Record'=>'Новая запись',
'Find Contacts'=>'Найти контакты',
'Top Contacts'=>'Частые Контакты',
'No top contacts for this user!'=>'Нет частых контактов для этого пользователя!',
'Create Message'=>'Создать сообщение',
'Message List'=>'Список сообщений',
'Clear'=>'Очистить',
'Search for a Contact'=>'Найти контакт',
'Go to Full Site'=>'Перейти на полную версию сайта',
'Who\'s Online'=>'Кто в онлайн',
'Back'=>'Назад',
'No documents available.'=>'Нет доступных документов.',
'No social items available.'=>'Нет доступных объектов.',
);
  • 6 months later...
Guest X2Sandra

Hi Baltun,

If you would like to submit a translation pack, please submit it into the International section which is located in the home screen of the forums. Find the language you would like to submit and then it will be available for anyone that would like to use it. Thank you so much for providing a better translation pack to us!