#1 ElviZA

ElviZA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Morning,

I'm trying to understand if there is a relationship between a varchar field and a checkbox.

Example: I have a field that denotes the language a contact speaks and then a series of checkbox's to indicate if they Speak, Read or Write in that language.

Aim: I would like the ability to search for all English speaking and writing contacts.

Thanks

#2 X2Jake

X2Jake

X2 Engineer

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

There's no relationship between the two fields, but you can make a list or filter by these criteria. While testing this I discovered a weird bug with comparing boolean fields (I've fixed it for our next release) but you can either just add columns to your grid for the fields you need and filter to make a search, or you can create a list.

The good news is the list will work as of right now as far as I'm aware, the comparison bug was only for the Grids. To make the list, click "Create List" on the lists page of the contacts module. Select "Dynamic" for type and then make the criteria to be the fields you need. This will create a persistent list of all contacts that meet the criteria you specify.

Jake

Jake Houser

Software Engineer at X2Engine

jake@x2engine.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fields, customization, checkbox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users