X2Community Forums

Get printed a support case

Hello,

I'm just testing this application and I really want to congratulate you on the simplicity and power of the system. Our company would be very handy to be able to print a support case to give customers when required, it is possible to implement this or is there a way how to do it?

There's not a way to do this as of yet for Services, and I'm not sure if it's a planned feature or not. What I can say is that there is a similar bit of functionality in protected/modules/quotes/controllers/QuotesController.php in actionPrint which basically has a 3 step chain to convert the record into a printable view.

1) Action Print loads the model and renders the view protected/modules/quotes/views/quotes/print.php

2) Print.php calls the Quote model's method to generate and return a table format for the view.

3) protected/modules/quotes/models/Quote.php generates the table format in the method productTable and returns it to the view.

If you wanted to make this custom it wouldn't need to be nearly so complex, but this should point you in the right direction if you do want to make that modification.

Jake