3 replies to this topic

#1 bapf

bapf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

Sales guys are very happy sourcing data from the CRM but lazy when its about to update contacts or putting new data into it. When I receive an email from a new customer, normally I copy the Email signature of him try to insert it. Example:

Kind Regards,
David Hazzle

Sr. Buyer IT Infrastructure

Honeycomb Technologies Inc.
5489 Vista Grande Ave.
London OX4 2JZ

United Kingdom

Phone: +44 6111 / 949 -1471
Mobile: +44 152 / 712 -2512

www.honeycomptech.com
Honeycomb makes your life sweeter

The problem is that I have to split it in several parts before and copy&paste it about 12 times (first name, last name, title, company, street, web, and much more).

My idea is a single text form <textarea name="email_signature">Copy&Paste Email Signature</textarea> where the sales guy can copy&paste in ONE step. A PHP script will find the country and recognize the form values to be inserted into the CRM by its indication like phone, mobile, etc. or its country specific pattern for the address. In the next step he can supervise if all data have been recognized in the right way and correct if neccessary.

That would safe a lot of time and brings more data into the CRM than the "Quick Contact" widget form.

#2 SapporoGuy

SapporoGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

Interesting, so your saying to scrap the signature for the info and then have it auto injected into the contact sections?

I do see a problem with formats, but id you go scrap intensive it might work! Be interesting to use a scanner with oct to do the same with business cards too!

#3 bapf

bapf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

I have seen another app where the signature2contact works absolutly fine. There is one supervise step before it is inserted into the database. In that step you have to check if the conversion is right and have the chance to do manual corrections.

For the business card scanner any available app can do it. You just need to import your cell phone contacts with x2 later on. I'm sure there will be a tool at a later time to synchronize it automatically.

#4 sanfordbpu

sanfordbpu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

As we hold the copyright to the skin, how about we use the background as the background in the banner too?.

I can easily send you over the image or any images if you think this would work Ma Lady.

Love,

Ian

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: insert, contact, signature, email, converter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users