X2Community Forums

Campaign Edit for User Creator Not only Admin

Hello there, I´m a Systems Integrator actually evaluating your software which I think is Great! Congrats!

I want to ask you how to make possible for the User or the Group whose created a Campaign to Edit it, not only the Admin. Is it possible? How can I set up this ?

Also Wondering if the users of a Group can have the Web Lead Option active, actually only the Admin has It. How can I make available Web Lead for a Specific User or Group?

Finally just some tips for the Spanish translation. Your are translating the word QUOTES to "Comillas" and QUOTE to "Cita" . The right ones should be

QUOTES - > "Cotizaciones" and QUOTE -> "Cotización"

There are some phrases which should be modified, I'll change them and send you the files if they are useful for you.

Thank you

Marco

• Like 1
Guest X2Matthew

Hi, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Version 2.0 included a new permissions system and we appear to have missed this. It will be fixed in the next version, but if you can run an SQL command then I may be able to get you a quick fix after I talk to my coworker.

If you're fixing translations, we would be very grateful if you'd share your files (ideally, post in the Language Packs forum). Currently only a few of our languages are translated by native speakers, not including Spanish, and the rest are done in Google Translate.

• Like 1

Hi, I think I can take it from here.

It appears I made a slight mistake when setting up the default permissions and the permissions are too low. Run this query and users will be able to update their own Campaigns but not those of other users:

UPDATE x2_auth_item_child SET child="MarketingPrivateUpdateAccess" WHERE parent="authenticated" AND child="MarketingPrivateBasicAccess"

If you'd like them to be able to update the records of other users, run this query instead:

UPDATE x2_auth_item_child SET child="MarketingUpdateAccess" WHERE parent="authenticated" AND child="MarketingPrivateBasicAccess"

Jake

• Like 1

That's really not doable on the open source version of the software, unfortunately. It's a fairly simple thing to set up on the pro version, but for the open source edition you'd need to run a rather large number of queries and it wouldn't be sustainable--you'd have to run a bunch of queries whenever you wanted to change any permission.

The Web Lead form in particular has stricter permissions on it because it has the potential to do a lot of damage if the average user can get access to it. Even on the pro version you need to give a user/group Admin level access to the Marketing module to let them edit that form.

Jake