18 replies to this topic

#1 X2Jake

X2Jake

X2 Engineer

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hey all, Jake here with a quick guide on creating a new language pack.

The first thing you're going to want to do is copy the "templates" folder and rename your copied folder to the two letter language code for your language. A list of these codes can be found here: http://www.loc.gov/s...nglish_list.php

Once you've created that folder, the next step is to open "app.php" and change the entry for languageName to your language name (Español, Deutch, Français etc.). Attached is a screenshot showing the relevant info for this step.At this point, your language will show up in X2CRM's language list. From here, you can manually change each entry in each file for your language, or you can go to the "Translation Manager" on the Admin tab in X2CRM. The Translation Manager will allow you to add entries for every term in every file, alert you of missing entries, and has built in Google Translate support should you need it for any reason.

After filling out the entries, you will be able to select the language in the Profile -> Settings tab, and the application's text will now be translated.

Jake

Attached Files

Jake Houser

Software Engineer at X2Engine

jake@x2engine.com

#2 dutchman

dutchman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:11 AM

Hi Jake,
Pls can you give me a bit support on these issues:
1st.
where can I find the "templates" folder?
2nd.
if I use the Translation Manager I get following error screen:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /x2engine/index.php/admin/translationManager on this server. Apache/2.2.0 (Fedora) mod_jk/1.2.25 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.2 PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.14 with Suhosin-Patch mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at www.domainXYZ.de Port 80

#3 X2Jake

X2Jake

X2 Engineer

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

1) From your x2engine directory, go to "protected/messages" and the Templates folder will be in there.

2) The first one to check is to make sure that you are logged in to the app as "admin" as at the moment only admin has those privileges. If you are logged in as admin and still getting this message, check your folder permissions on your server and if you have any custom .htaccess files. If none of that works, let me know and I'll start looking into more possible fixes.

Jake
Jake Houser

jake@x2engine.com

#4 dutchman

dutchman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

Thx Jake,
I've found the template-folder and set all files in the "de"-folder to 777 and in the template-folder as well.
I can modify the files in the "de"-folder on the server manually.
I CANNOT modify the files (in the template-folder) by using the Translation Manager. but I can manually.
So, in my opinion there is something wrong in the Translation Manager.
No custom .htaccess files.
BR
Toni

#5 X2Jake

X2Jake

X2 Engineer

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

That is very possible. The translation manager is a little bit newer and hasn't seen too much use--we did all the original translations without it. If it's not working your best bet for the moment is to just manually edit the files while we look into the issue with the translation manager.

To manually edit translations, simply edit each file in your "de" folder and enter values on the right side of each array element. Ex:

"Login"=>"[your translation here]",
"Logout"=>"[your translation here]",

etc.

Jake
Jake Houser

jake@x2engine.com

#6 dutchman

dutchman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hi Jake,
I did the translations today. Only the admin.php I could't write. (Why not???)
If you like, I can zip the files and you can download the zip from my server.

BR
toni

#7 X2Jake

X2Jake

X2 Engineer

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

That's a strange issue... I'll look into it when we work on translations.

You probably don't want to contribute now, as over the course of the betas we've gotten a little behind on translating, and we are going to go back and add translations for all the text we missed for the 1.0 release. As such, there will be a bunch of new translations to write in just a few weeks so you may want to wait until then. We're always happy to see user contributions however, and are very happy to see you taking an interest in the software.

Jake
Jake Houser

jake@x2engine.com

#8 Guest_X2Matthew_*

Guest_X2Matthew_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

I did the translations today. Only the admin.php I could't write. (Why not???)

I just tested this and it seemed to work fine. If PHP gave you an error, what was it? If not, maybe the file was still open in another process so it was locked. There's no other reason that file wouldn't be accessible if the others are, even if it had gotten corrupted somehow.

#9 dutchman

dutchman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

hi matthew,
actually, I downloaded the admin.php file locally on my PC!!! Never had that before.
I will check this tomorrow again an I will translate this one too.

#10 dutchman

dutchman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:35 AM

@ Jake & Matthew,

locally on my PC, no php-errors occurs. :)
file-attributes all the same. only admin.php wasn't editable under NoteTabPro.

so... I've translated the admin.php now.
Fact:
I could't edit this file under NoteTabPro, never had that behaviour before.
Under Eclipse no problem.
Therefore I had to change the encodings of all files.
The files were encoded with Cp1252 and I changed all of them in UTF-8

If that is no problem for you... you can take the .zip of all the DE-files here:
http://www.textwerks...translation.zip

BR
toni

#11 Guest_X2Matthew_*

Guest_X2Matthew_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Ah, thanks a bunch for the translations. Since this appears to be a complete pack, should we include this in the next release of the app? Also, we've just created a Language Packs forum so in the future, feel free to upload files there (use the Attachments field below the message, or click "More Reply Options").

Also, yes we definitely want all files to be UTF-8 encoded (with no bit order mark, if you ever have that option). Sometimes text editors don't detect the encoding correctly.

#12 dutchman

dutchman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

Yes ofcourse... feel free to include.
Glad to do something to improve your great software.

#13 dutchman

dutchman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:59 AM

hi,
I found some missing links and others in your german files.

// Contacts Actions
'My Contacts'=>'Meine Kontakte',
'All Contacts'=>'Alle Kontakte',
'Contacts Lists'=>'Kontaktelisten', -----------> this one I missed - now OK
'Create Contact'=>'Kontakt erstellen',
'View Contact'=>'Kontakt anzeigen',
'Update Contact'=>'Kontakt aktualisieren',
'View Sales'=>'Verkäufe ansehen', -------------> this one I missed - now OK
'Delete Contact'=>'Kontakt löschen',
'Create Lead'=>'Erstelle Akquise',
'Share Contact'=>'Teile Kontakt',

// Users Actions
'Create User'=>'Benutzer erstellen',
'View User'=>'Benutzer ansehen',
'Delete User'=>'Benutzer löschen', --------------> this one I missed, but 'Delete User' seems to be not the correct description. The german translation for this is still missing- PLEASE CONTROL AND FEEDBACK !!!
'Update User'=>'Benutzer aktualisieren',
'Manage Users'=>'Benutzer verwalten',

'Note Pad'=>'Notizblock',
'Add Note'=>'Hinzufügen', ---------------------------------------------------------------->this one I missed - now OK
'Feel free to enter some notes!'=>'Geben Sie Ihre Notizen ein!',

'Utilities'=>'Dienstprogramme',
'Χ2Studio'=>'Χ2Studio',
'Support & Documentation'=>'Support und Dokumentation',
'Contact Us'=>'Kontaktieren Sie uns',
'App Settings'=>'Programm Einstellungen',-------------> this one I missed - now OK
'Miscellaneous'=>'Diverses',-------------> this one I missed - now OK

so I updated the translation .zip
You can download here:
http://www.textwerks...n2012_01_27.zip

Cannot find `Action History`, 'Add Note', 'Tag Cloud - Just me | All Users' , where to translate???

I will upload as well in the forum, but it seems to be not the last one.

BR
toni

#14 X2Jake

X2Jake

X2 Engineer

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

Thanks for the language pack, Toni. As I said earlier, we're a bit behind on adding entries for some of the new text that has been put into the app since our initial translation. When we release our 1.0 (should be in the next few weeks) we'll have a full set of translation entries available.

Jake
Jake Houser

jake@x2engine.com

#15 khashayar

khashayar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTehran, Iran

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:53 AM

I'm going to tranclate to a right -to-left language i.e. Persian (fa). I want to know if there is a way to change the interface direction?

khashayar

#16 Guest_X2Matthew_*

Guest_X2Matthew_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

As far as I can tell there's a very easy way to do this: just insert the following line of css into /themes/x2engine/css/main.css
body * {direction:rtl !important;}
The only problem is, right now this will make some parts of the layout a bit strange. You may have some text overlapping other things. I'll file a bug report to adjust the layout to work for both text directions, but it may be a few weeks/months before that's released.

We really appreciate your help translating!

#17 khashayar

khashayar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTehran, Iran

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

I think message file for "Workflow" section is missing in "~\x2engine\protected\messages\template", so I made one base on ver. 2.2.1 and attach it.

Attached Files

#18 Guest_X2Matthew_*

Guest_X2Matthew_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

I believe you are correct, we haven't added any translations for the Workflow module yet. The translation manager uses the template to keep all the language packs synchronized, so now we can start translating messages. Thanks for contributing!

#19 mfarmer

mfarmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:05 PM

I know it sounds crazy, but how would I go about making language changes for the English messages?   For example if I want the button to say "Login" instead of "Sign In"...  Or if I want to say "Modify Your Settings" instead of "Change Personal Settings"?  What file/language folder should I edit?

SOLVED:

-------------

I will just use the customization framework / overrides to get this done.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: language, i18n, x2crm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users