X2Community Forums

Hi, I want to create a role for some particular users who are out side of my organization, but their inputs are required for my organization, so I need to hide some inputs, menus etc.

1. Hide some modules, Only the allowed modules should be visible to them

2. Contacts - They should be able to create new contacts, but existing contacts ( which are not assigned to them) should not be visible.

3. In some modules, some fields should be public, some fields I want to be hidden from them.

With the help of role, group etc How can I create such a user profile? Anybody if guide me step by step that will be a great community help. Thanks. Cheers X2CRM. 😊

Hi Tanmoyrock,
You can give these users a role then set it in admin "index.php/admin/editRoleAccess" which lets you set the record access, field access can be set from "index.php/admin/manageRoles" more options can also be found in the "User Management" on the admin page.
-Jack

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 12/8/2021 at 4:47 AM, jack said:

Hi Tanmoyrock,
You can give these users a role then set it in admin "index.php/admin/editRoleAccess" which lets you set the record access, field access can be set from "index.php/admin/manageRoles" more options can also be found in the "User Management" on the admin page.
-Jack

Thanks for the reply Jack. But How can I hide a specific module from a user group. Say I have 05 board members, who can see all modules : contact, accounts etc, but ten again apart from these 05 members there are 20 members, who are not part of board. I dont want to show them all the modules. How to hide the modules from them?

On 12/10/2021 at 1:09 AM, jack said:

Set the 20 people role to not be able to view the model in "index.php/admin/editRoleAccess"

Hi Jack, I understand what you are suggesting. I have made a role with no view / no update access.  But still the menu & hyperlink is visible to them, & they can view the entries under the modules. I have attached both the screenshot of menu item & inside items (both of them have no access for viewing/ deleting/ updating as per the role is concerned).

1.JPG

2.JPG