X2Community Forums

Creating relationships automatically between accounts that share firstName, lastName, and address

As far to my understanding, look-up fields only work with modules. So create a new module that represents the common denominator of the different modules, and add a look-up field to each one of those modules so that they would be linked together through that "common denominator module"?

• 10 months later...

Not sure if this was solved.

But what I did for this is create a lookup field between the modules to create the relationship. Then using a workflow I 'pull' the info I want from the one module and populate the fields from the other module with that info based on a record create or record update action. 

Note: As the receiving module does not have the source info and only displays what it receives from the source module, it would be an integrity issue to allow changes made to the receiving module fields as it wont obviously update backwards to the source module. For this I simply lock the receiving field to show the info, but not have it editable.

This technique works great as example to show someone's name, surname and email in a different module where that info is not displayed.

Hope that helps.

• 10 months later...

Relationships between records can be a powerful tool for businesses, allowing them to make better decisions, track trends, and understand their customers more effectively. But creating relationships between records can be a tedious and time-consuming process, especially when dealing with large datasets. So, would anyone know of a way to create relationships automatically between records that share certain information, such as the person's first and last name, and address? The answer is yes! Automatically creating relationships between records is possible with the help of a tool called a “data relationship manager” (DRM). A DRM is a software application that uses sophisticated algorithms to detect and create relationships between records. It does this by leveraging artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies to analyze data and identify patterns. For example, let’s say you have a large database of customer records with their first and last names, addresses, and other information. Using a DRM, you can automatically create relationships between records that share certain information, such as first and last name or address. This will help you easily identify customers who have similar characteristics, allowing you to better understand their needs and make more informed decisions. Does anyone have GBWhatsapp group? where we can discuss about the latest topic. Doing so help us to increase our knowledge.