X2Community Forums

Record Deadlocks resulting in 'hung' emails

Version 8.0

Situation - sending monthly campaign of about 1000 emails.

Problem - often, a few (usually less than 10) emails are 'hung' in limbo, the campaign does not finish. The x2_list_items.sent = 0 and x2_list_items.sending = 1 for these records.

Typical Error.log entry - 2021/02/02 00:01:59 [error] [exception.CDbException] CDbException: CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction - UPDATE x2_list_items AS i LEFT JOIN x2_contacts AS c ON c.id=i.contactId SET i.sent=:sent,i.uniqueId=:uniqueId,i.unsubscribed=:unsubscribed,i.suppressed=:suppressed,sending=0,emailAddress=:setEmail WHERE i.id=:id OR (i.listId=:listId AND (i.emailAddress=:emailAddress OR c.email=:email)) in /home/rebeyigi/public_html/X2CRM/x2engine/framework/db/CDbCommand.php:358

Manual remedy - Change the x2_list_items.sending to 0 for the 'hung' records, then in the CRM interface go into the unfinished campaign and click resume.  The result is the campaign finishes normally.

Obviously this remedy is somewhat painful and beyond capabilities of a typical user.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Full stack trace attached.

stack trace.txt