X2Community Forums

CLI update from 7.1 to 8

When trying to update from 7.1 to 8 using cli i get the following output:

The updater is up-to-date and safe to use.

Some requirements for running X2Engine at the latest version are not met on this server:

Major

Could not reach the updates server from this web server. This is likely because the server is behind a firewall that is preventing outbound HTTP/HTTPS requests. Software updates will have to be performed using the "offline" method. This may be a temporary problem.

Critical

PHP is running with user ID=0, but this directory is owned by the system user with ID=48.

The path defined in session.save_path () is not writable.

Note that the following files, of which there are local custom derivatives, will be changed:

protected/modules/quotes/views/quotes/_lineItems.php

I have tried with firewall off. Is this a requirements or permission issue?

Hello Allied,

Regarding the 'Major' issue, it seems like it is having trouble connecting to the updates server. Could you PM me your protected/components/UpdaterBehavior.php? You might want to try running from the command line as well:

curl https://x2planet.com/installs/registry/reqCheck

The issue also might lie with PHP cURL itself, the following code (along with the above command) should help determine where the issue lies:

<?php

$ch = @curl_init("https://x2planet.com/installs/registry/reqCheck");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 0);
$response = @curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);
echo $response;

?>

Regarding the 'Critical' message, this is a permissions issue. I believe you are trying to run this as root (root is usually given the id of 0). The update should complete successfully however all the updated files will then be owned by root which is not something you want necessarily. If you want to go this route then you will also want to make sure the files are owned by the web server after the update is run.

Your session save path also does not seem to be writable meaning PHP will not be able to save it's session files to the location specified by the session.save_path() (this shouldn't affect the install but you may not be able to log in after the install). Make sure the location is writable by the web server, you can usually change the directory by updating the proper php.ini file.