#1 wirespring

wirespring

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 01:25 PM

Hello,

I've been using X2 for a while to do simple things like send email campaigns and manage contact lists. I would like to graduate to some simple workflows now and am having a little trouble. The workflow I'm trying to test right now is simple:

start condition: [user On List "FOO"]

next action: [post to activity feed]

end

So I created this workflow and attached the start condition to my list FOO, which had a single user already in it. As I expected, I didn't get a post to the activity feed. However, I then added a new user to the list (it's a dynamic list, if that makes a difference), and I also didn't get a post to the activity feed. Likewise, I don't see any messages in the workflow log.

So now I have two questions:

1) Is this the right way to even say "put this contact into the workflow when they suddenly appear on a particular list", and

2) Is there some amount of time that has to pass first? e.g. is there some background process that checks once every 10 minutes, and if so, can you point me to how that works?

Thanks!

-W

#2 jack

jack

Admin

• Administrators
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 12:14 PM

Hi wirespring,
What trigger are you using for the workflow and can you share the trigger log of the workflow.
-Jack

#3 wirespring

wirespring

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 11:26 AM

The trigger is "Action completed" and the parameter is "On List",  $listname

Is there a lower-level log than what appears on that one screen when you click the "Show Trigger Logs" button? If not I have nothing to share, because there are no logs shown when I manually or dynamically add a user to $listname

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: workflow, lists, contacts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users