X2Community Forums

Help with Database Recovery download link after upgrading

Hi guys, 

when you are busy with upgrading, you can run a DB backup through the front-end before you upgrade. This creates a link to 'Download the backup' before you upgrade to your local machine from where it resides in the /backup folder on the server.

After upgrading, when you check X2 Upgrade, it says you are on the latest version and Go back.

MY PROBLEM: Is there anyway to access that 'DB Backup' from when you backed up during upgrade, after upgrading, BUT through the front-end and not FTP to the backup folder.

I have that scenario of having upgraded a client where I don't have FTP access. The upgrade was successful but I need that downloaded DB file now after upgrading.

Hi eugeneb,

Assuming you backed up your data from the upgrade screen itself, you can use your site URL, navigate to the admin panel and add 'backup?download=1' to the end. This is a hard link to your database backup and will download it to your computer. So an example would be: /index.php/admin/backup?download=1. Please let me know if you need any clarification/further help!

Hi Clifton,

thanks for the response. I tried but it gives this size error:

{"message":"PHP fatal error [1]: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2909806592 bytes) in \/home\/x2\/public_html\/x2engine\/protected\/components\/webupdater\/DatabaseBackupAction.php L74","error":true,"status":200}

Any ideas?

Hi Clifton,

thats the problem. Their server is onsite and hosted behind strict firewalls so no outside FTP or SSH. They are far away so I would have to drive there to recover the DB. I was hoping I can download via the front-end.

Got all exited with your link but seems the server is limiting the file size?

Hi eugeneb,

Sadly if that is the case, and the backup is stored only on the server, then there is no option to get the backup from the front-end. And since you previously noted that you do not have FTP/SFTP or SSH access to your server, then getting the backup directly from the host seems to be the only option.