• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bislewl

bislewl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

Does any one have any expertise on installing this on GoDaddy?
I have a had a bunch of problem of problems:

First i had the script failing because it could find files in __DIR__ /'Blah blah'
After upgrading programming language to php 5.3 that helped significantly with those errors

Then i go through the installation page, and it reloads with this at the bottom:

MySQL Error: Unable to create function x2_checkViewPermission.You do not have the SUPER privilege and binary logging is enabled (you *might* want to use the less safe log_bin_trust_function_creators variable)

so then i followed the instruction on: http://x2community.c...-mysql-trouble/ .

MySQL Error: Unable to create function x2_checkViewPermission.This function has none of DETERMINISTIC, NO SQL, or READS SQL DATA in its declaration and binary logging is enabled (you *might* want to use the less safe log_bin_trust_function_creators variable

After that I was about grasping at straws and in the initialize.php I commented out: x2_checkViewPermissions & x2_checkOwnership. using /* & */

Then the page:
x2engine/index.php/site/login.
Showed: No input file specified

Tried Moving the .htaccess file down the directory tree that didn't help.

Tried directing it to
/protected/viewssite/login.php

Any ideas?

#2 Guest_X2Matthew_*

Guest_X2Matthew_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

This is a known issue with godaddy. They basically don't allow MySQL stored functions, which are necessary for X2. We are planning on rewriting the app to avoid using these, which should be done within the next few releases.

#3 madmed

madmed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:43 AM

Is there any update on this issue, these errors are preventing me to deploy x2 on any PaaS for testing and evaluation purposes.

#4 John Roberts

John Roberts

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

We are working on 2.0 for next week. We will get this reworked by mid-Oct hopefully.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: godaddy, sql super permission, installation, php, _DIR_

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users