Photo

504 Gateway Timeout when trying to import new contacts.

504 gateway timeout time out import importing error server gate way upstream

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pmc

Pmc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:03 AM

I am having a problem with X2 recently, which has left me unable to import new contacts.

Whenever I attempt to do so, the import never actually begins, and I get a pop up saying:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-// IETF // DTD HTML 2.0 // EN">
<html><head>

<title>504 Gateway timeout</title>

</head><body>

<h1>Gateway timeout</h1>

<p>The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.</p>

</body></html>

I have deleted large files in case it's a space error, and broken up the import file into small files of 1000 contacts.

Still no joy.

Any ideas?

#2 X2Clifton

X2Clifton

• Moderators
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:45 AM

Hi Pmc,

I have a few questions that can help me with you problem: Do you happen to have any workflows that trigger on contact creation? What do you set the batch size to when importing? Have you tried importing a single contact to see if it's a problem with the system, not the records themselves? Are there any errors logged in protected/runtime/errors.log from the time when you attempt to import?

#3 Pmc

Pmc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:55 AM

Hi Clifton, 

Thanks very much for your response.

• I do have several workflows that blacklist certain email extensions upon contact creation. We've been using these since we started using X2 a year or so ago, though, and never had problems with them before.
  • The batch size is 25.
  • I have tried this; I've also tried importing data from a different source, both of which fail to begin importing.
  • We're having trouble accessing this through the Terminal. Any advice on that front?

#4 X2Clifton

X2Clifton

• Moderators
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:13 AM

Hi again,

In terms of accessing the logs, what are you attempting to do to access them? And what is the result of doing so? Without the logs, it's quite difficult to get a grasp on what is going wrong as it seems to be a code issue. If you know where your codebase is, and can navigate to that directory, you should be able to read the logs. Are you self hosting or using a separate service to host your application? The only other possible problem I could guess is causing this is the workflow; please try turning off any workflows that trigger off of contact creation and try reimporting. If that doesn't help then it is most likely a problem in the codebase in which we would need the logs to gather any more information. Please let me know how it goes and I can continue to provide some insight.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 504, gateway, timeout, time out, import, importing, error, server, gate way, upstream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users