Photo

I need to make a list using the data from a previous email campaign.

contact lists contact management contact list list emails marketing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pmc

Pmc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:59 AM

How can I make a list out of the contacts who opened a particular email?

#2 Attila

Attila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:50 AM

1) Open Workflow, select trigger "Campaign Emails opened"   

2) select previous Campaign name you used,

The difficulty from here is that the Add to  and Delete from list  does not work in 7.0 & 7.1  so you might want to

3) add a  edit a tag  stage - add - #mailopened  which will then be sortable in gridview on that tag name,  once selected,  you can then do a mass action

4) more...   new list from selected   

Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams & take risks. Life is happening NOW !

#3 jack

jack

Newbie Member

• Moderators
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 11:58 AM

Hi Attila,

Following up with "Add to  and Delete from list  does not work in 7.0 & 7.1 " I have fixed the auto fill for those workflow actions and will release it next update. Are you having any other issues with those workflow actions or was it just the auto fill that was broken?

-Jack

#4 Attila

Attila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:28 AM

thanks Jack I will send you a DM 

Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams & take risks. Life is happening NOW !

#5 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationCenturion, south Africa

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:43 PM

Hi PMC,

Do you want to create the list from a Campaign that is about to run or one that already ran. They will be different methods although I dont think you can do the latter without working directly on the MySQL database.

If your campaign is still to run, then Attilas suggestion is the way.

• Create a workflow with the 'Campaing email opened' trigger.
  • I would use a Ad Tag and rather to create a dynamic list.

As the emails are opened, the workflow will tag the contact and your list will grow dynamically. Apart from that, as Attila mentioned the static list function doesn't work so using the tag method is the only way.

However, if you want to make a list of contacts that opened from a old campaign, I dont think there is any straight forward way to do this.

#6 Pmc

Pmc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:11 AM

Hi PMC,

Do you want to create the list from a Campaign that is about to run or one that already ran. They will be different methods although I dont think you can do the latter without working directly on the MySQL database.

If your campaign is still to run, then Attilas suggestion is the way.

• Create a workflow with the 'Campaing email opened' trigger.
  • I would use a Ad Tag and rather to create a dynamic list.

As the emails are opened, the workflow will tag the contact and your list will grow dynamically. Apart from that, as Attila mentioned the static list function doesn't work so using the tag method is the only way.

However, if you want to make a list of contacts that opened from a old campaign, I dont think there is any straight forward way to do this.

Hi Eugene,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, I did want to do it with a campaign that's already sent.

At least I know for the future, though.

Thanks again, and best wishes. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contact, lists, contact management, contact list, list, emails, marketing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users