Attila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:52 AM

Morning all 

I have a question about creating "dynamic tags" through a workflow.

In essence what I am trying to do is the following   

Workflow ABC = Change Record (trigger) - Condition  - yes - add a tag  but instead of specifying a static tag name I want to to use a field name #{c_fieldname}   

The situation is that we have various developments and as a Tenant gets "approved" (the trigger) a tag is issued using a "dynamic tag"  and that Contact is then added into a Contact list that will dynamically ad matching  #{c_field name}

Or are there easier ways to do this, bear in mind that the "add to list" and "remove from list" do not work in workflow 

thanking you in advance    

Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams & take risks. Life is happening NOW !

#2 X2Clifton

X2Clifton

• Moderators
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:55 AM

Hi Attila,

You should be able to use dynamic attributes for adding tags to a record. In your situation, any field name for contacts ({firstName}, {assignedTo}, etc.) should work. An important note, the attribute you choose will be the field from the updated record itself. As for your second issue (add to list/remove from list not working in workflow), can you give me some more detail? I found in my own test that it says that 0 contacts were added to the list, but when I checked the list myself, the contact had been added. This is clearly a bug and will make sure we look into it and get it fixed. Is this the same issue for you?

#3 Attila

Attila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:12 AM

Hi Clifton, 

I relooked the dynamic tag generation with fresh eyes, thanks to you, and saw the error of my ways I was using "= {firstName}"  syntax, silly me. 

Ok now that's working, It creates a tag in my custom module (Tenant) where the trigger field sits but not in the Account/Company or Contacts module where the static dynamic contact lists are generated, Iv'e tried all the available options to no avail. -  I noticed  that in custom modules Gridview "mass actions"  there is no option to "Add to selected list....." 

On the mailing list:

I Create a conditional workflow and use the Add to list, the prompt says "start typing to suggest....."  but there seems to be no lookup to any of the precreated list names     

In the following example I placed the actual name of a list in that field, and the workflow  returns with a "Flow item validation error"    

See the workflow log and custom module Gridview mass action options , attached below 

Attached File  Capture.JPG   26.41KB   0 downloads  

Attached File  Capture1.JPG   28.7KB   0 downloads      

Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams & take risks. Life is happening NOW !

#4 X2Clifton

X2Clifton

• Moderators
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:31 AM

Hey Attila,

Are you using a Change Record action within your workflow to transition from a "tenant" to a contact? If possible, could you dm me the workflow itself and I can take a closer look at it?

#5 Attila

Attila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:27 AM

hi Clifton I will send you a dm 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users