Photo

What actually happens with a Duplicate Merge?

duplicates mass merge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationCenturion, south Africa

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:56 AM

Hi guys,

I want to do a mass duplicate merge using just the email field and then updating from the last updated record from the dupes. This functionality is currently done on a single one by one action via the UI. The Mass Dupe feature also wont work as this compares more than just the email. (Unless I can disable the name also comparison and run the mass dupe)

I am happy to do this in MySQL on the DB but I am not sure what happens in the background of a dupe check and if i can do this in-mass in the database directly.

Has anyone tried this successfully?

I have thousand of potential dupes based on email comparison.

Thanks

#2 Justin

Justin

x2force

• Moderators
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:51 AM

Hi eugeneb sorry for the late response! 

Doing duplicate merge in SQL is alot harder via RAW SQL as far as I know. What happens in the background is hard to tell without what commands you are trying to run. Is there a specific query you were thinking of running?

#3 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationCenturion, south Africa

Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:26 AM

I am not yet running a SQL query but more investigating how to do a bulk duplicate merge using just the email field.

Thus I want to check emails, if they match, then merge.

The bulk dupe merge function currently in X2 uses more than just the emails so that wont work. Is there a way to do a bulk dupe merge by just comparing the email field as criteria?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: duplicates, mass, merge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users