6 replies to this topic

#1 Pmc

Pmc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:45 AM

Hi,

After sending out a recent mass mail campaign, I have realised that a lot of the contacts have numbers where the names should be.

Is there a way I can trace what file this data came from?

I want to find out whether the names were replaced in the system, or whether they were like that on the file, before import, because if this is the case, I need to take it up with our data provider.

Thanks in advance,

Portia.

Attached File  Screenshot 2018-11-23 at 10.40.42 copy.png   242.34KB   0 downloads

#2 ahouston

ahouston

• Premium Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 24 November 2018 - 10:19 AM

If you are wanting to know if they were changed AFTER you imported, not during import, you can make the nameId field visible on your form. That field is a combination of Name and Id that is created when the record is created, but does not change if you change the name afterwards. 

#3 Pmc

Pmc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:29 AM

If you are wanting to know if they were changed AFTER you imported, not during import, you can make the nameId field visible on your form. That field is a combination of Name and Id that is created when the record is created, but does not change if you change the name afterwards. 

Thanks, i'll have a look.

Can you tell me how to trace the data file please?

#4 ahouston

ahouston

• Premium Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 26 November 2018 - 07:05 PM

unless you added a tag or set a field value when you imported the records, I don't think there is a way to know what file your data came from. You can tell when a record was imported based on time stamp if you know when you processed a particular file...

#5 X2Peter

X2Peter

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 12:51 PM

Hello Pmc,

As of now there is no way to determine which file in particular was used for the import, however you can rollback imports (if needed) by going to Admin > Data Import & Export Utilities > Rollback Import.

#6 Pmc

Pmc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:57 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses.

With regards to the "nameid" field, it isn't present in the form editor. Any idea why not? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

(I have double checked; it's not already in the form.)

Thanks again,

Portia

#7 ahouston

ahouston

• Premium Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:02 AM

Took another look and you can’t surface those fields onto forms anymore. So only other choice is To look at those columns on backend in the database.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: corrupt, corruption, data, trace, source, file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users