#1 TechnoDino

TechnoDino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:47 AM

I'm looking to go lazy and create a process and workflow to automate LinkedIn contact tracking. Why work when the program can do all the work while I goof off playing solitaire? So I'm asking the newbie question:  How smart is workflow?

I would create a custom module for collecting data and use a modified contact form (added and changed properties of existing fields).

I've identified process phases and data that is needed to pass on to the next process phase. I have a local host install of X2 for development. Depending on the phase workflow needs to update date fields and add tags to contacts (so far).

I'm assuming workflow can be triggered by moving a contact to the next phase

Can workflow handle, for example

Create Contact Phase

Fill out the Contact Form>>Save
Add #Invited
Set LinkedIn Module DateInvited = Today
If EMailCheck Box = Yes Then Add #Email
If LinkedInCheck Box = Yes Then Add #LinkedIn
and so forth

Can workflow handle logic such as If....Then

If Checkbox  = Yes And Date = Blank Then Update Date = Today

:)Thanks :)

John

#2 Justin

Justin

x2force

• Moderators
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:50 PM

Hi TechnoDino! 

Nice name BTW, I'm a member of X2 and I want to say, YES! In the workflow you can use the "Condition" action which allows exactly this. You can add an attribute you want to compare

and allows you to move either "YES" or "NO" depending on whether the attribute passes the condition.

I hope this was helpful! 

Sincerely,

Justin

#3 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationCenturion, south Africa

Posted 19 October 2018 - 12:44 AM

Hi TechDino,

just to ad onto Justin. Having answered your post on linking modules (http://community.x2c...i-link-modules/). If there is a relationship between modules using lookup fields (directional) you can also use workflow to daisy-chain information from other modules into the one you are using the workflow on.

This is a great feature when you do conditional checks as described above. 

Example, if a record field complies to xyz, get the mobile number from Contacts module and update the contacts mobile number in the module you are working in.

Powerful feature!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: workflow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users