Attila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:24 PM

Hi folks.

By now you would be aware that Ver 7 upgrade has some unintended consequences, I thought that placing all know effects under one topic will be helpful, please add your findings herein below, I have alerted X2Josef  

1)  Email "Admin.maxFileSize"  -   Error  "Admin.maxFileSize" is not defined. /home/x2/public_html/x2engine/framework/base/CComponent.php L130   

edit protected/components/behaviors/EmailDeliveryBehavior.php   

Change   ->        if($size > ($admin->maxFileSize * 1024 * 1024)) { // 10mb file size limit is default

To           ->        if($size > (10 * 1024 * 1024)) { // 10mb file size limit

2) Database fields:  -  Contacts Module -  renames field "Accounts" (name) to  "Company" (company)  and creates another "Accounts" (name) field which is empty

there may be consequences if you have workflows or standard documentation with dependencies on Accounts (name) fields in the Contacts module. 

Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams & take risks. Life is happening NOW !

#2 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCenturion, south Africa

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:13 AM

Agree with Attila on those points. Weird to add Company as another linked field. I would have just named the field in the form and kept accounts.

Here are other bugs following your numbering sequence:

3) Reports module left menu LISTS option creates Error 500. Not sure what this Lists option does, assuming its to do reports on lists?

4.a ) eMail from Contact records creates over-sized dialogue box hiding the Top bar of the email dialogue box. Thus to resize in order to type email means zooming out of your browser to see the complete email dialogue box. then resizing it. 

4.b ) Resizing the bottom and right of the email dialogue box has some hidden gap. Hovering over the box border doesn't show the sizing handle, you have to move away from the actual box to get the sizing handle. Minor but will confuse many users.

#3 X2Peter

X2Peter

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:52 PM

Hello All,

Thank you for the feedback! We will be releasing a hotfix sometime next week in order to address the 'maxFileSize' issue (thank you Atilla for providing a workaround/fix) as well as the email UI bugs.

The name change from 'Accounts' to 'Company' was added in order to add a proper conversion from a 'Contact' record to an 'Account' record and vice-versa. This change was in the attribute label only so the workflows using the field should still work. However we will address this issue in the hotfix as well in order to keep custom workflows compatible with the changes.

We are currently in the process of updating the Github project. The new changelog will be included in the update.

Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

#4 Attila

Attila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:39 PM

Thanks Peter, 

Just check that field  "'Accounts' to 'Company' This change was in the attribute label only"  believe me it was more than that, definitely  field = company  label = Company.  as I describe above 

Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams & take risks. Life is happening NOW !

#5 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:00 AM

Thanks Peter.

#6 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 12:41 AM

More bugs...

5. Lists in the other modules seem to be problematic. Examples

5.a) list available in left menu of a module isn't available in the module top menu drop-down. Inconsistency.

5.B) Reports Lists menu option crashes

5.c) Products Lists menu option crashes

5.d) Leads Lists
5.d.1) Menu option changes left menu and then doesnt have Leads List as top option. Selecting Lists from Leads becomes a Create menu feature. Should have Leads still at the top

5.d.2)) Leads Lists - Creating dynamic list criteria comes from field in Leads module. However, grid view of the list shows fields from Contacts module, not Leads module. This Gridview cant really be used with your fields from Leads module.

5.e) Opportunity Lists - Creating dynamic list criteria comes from field in Opportunities module. However, grid view of the list shows fields from Contacts module, not Oppertunties module. This Gridview cant really be used with your fields from Opps.

5.f) Service Cases Lists menu option crashes

Hope this helps

#7 JacobD

JacobD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:53 AM

5.e) Opportunity Lists - Creating dynamic list criteria comes from field in Opportunities module. However, grid view of the list shows fields from Contacts module, not Oppertunties module. This Gridview cant really be used with your fields from Opps.

+1 On this. I was about to post the same issue.

#8 DonnaParrish

DonnaParrish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:59 AM

My update failed because there was a CRC error on a php file (quote.php) that we had changed because we needed it to say different things for our quotes. Evidently, the upgrade now does a crc check. No problem. I tried to roll back the update. I got a 500 error. No problem, I reverted to the old files and old data. Unfortunately, my 500 error has stuck, so my revert was not as complete as I had hoped. Now what???

Error Code: 500
Error Message: Function mcrypt_decrypt() is deprecated
Stack Trace: [click to toggle display]
X2Engine Version: 6.9.3
PHP Version: 7.1.23

I posted this on http://community.x2c...-version-fails/before I saw this thread. Are there any suggestions for recovery? We are presently D.O.A.

#9 Attila

Attila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:15 AM

Hi Donna, there was a database field  in Contacts that was changed  that most likely caused the 500 error,  I always backup the domain so that I can roll back with a known working instance if needed.

I'm sorry I don't have a simple fix at my fingertips 

Attila 

#10 DonnaParrish

DonnaParrish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:26 AM

Thanks, Attila! we have rolled our php version back and now the old version is working.

#11 X2Peter

X2Peter

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:51 AM

Hello Donna,

X2CRM is not compatible with PHP 7.1 at this time. We will reach full compatibility before Mid-December. We do recommend backing up any site files as well as the database before update.

#12 Attila

Attila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:04 AM

Another bug detected: 

When running a campaign triggered on a future date/time:

The campaign runs and sends emails as it should,  but there in no report of what was delivered, opened and clicked though...  

Conversely if a campaign is run right away the reports work as they should 

Attila       

#13 Craig Donovan

Craig Donovan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:13 AM

Hello Donna,

X2CRM is not compatible with PHP 7.1 at this time. We will reach full compatibility before Mid-December. We do recommend backing up any site files as well as the database before update.

Hi

Any news on the compatibility of X2CRM with PHP 7.1 or 7.2?

Craig

Craig Donovan
Carnaby Consulting
Australia

e: craig@carnabyconsulting.com.au

#14 ylandsman

ylandsman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:50 AM

Using 7.1 and php 7.3 I got a 500 error from framework/i18n/CNumberFormatter.php when it was passed a non numeric value.  In previous versions of php, this resulted in the return of 0.  To alleviate this, I added a check for numeric at the beginning of the function.  If I make changes like this should I submit them to the community github?

#15 Attila

Attila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:14 PM

Using 7.1 and php 7.3 I got a 500 error from framework/i18n/CNumberFormatter.php when it was passed a non numeric value.  In previous versions of php, this resulted in the return of 0.  To alleviate this, I added a check for numeric at the beginning of the function.  If I make changes like this should I submit them to the community github?

Thanks Ylandsman,  I think you should  do both as many members on this forum  can benefit from your findings .... 

#16 jack

jack

Admin

• Administrators
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:18 PM

Thanks for the find Ylandsman, can you please also post your detailed fix here so we can be sure to added to our next update.

-Jack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users