• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mpaulse2

mpaulse2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:59 AM

In a custom module (Mymodule), I need to create a custom field (c_custom) for a blob. The "Multiple Line Text Area" offered in X2Studio is too small of a datatype.

I need to change the datatype in the db. Easy enough. But what files in X2CRM do I need to change to keep things in sync? (I am not familiar with the file structure of x2crm except what is given in the docs.)

And, can I just change the type in the db and the appropriate file of x2crm, or is there code to run to have the file update the database for me?

Thanks in advance.

#2 mpaulse2

mpaulse2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:08 PM

After reviewing the docs, I understand that a new datatype may not be able to be rendered by x2crm because yii doesn't support formatting a new datatype.

I'm not comfortable mucking around that deep in the code to get what I want. Unless someone has a suggestion...

#3 Attila

Attila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:14 AM

We did a similar thing to generate HTML documents out of templates which are then populated with the required field placeholders.   In our case the html text sits in a field called "body" and is a text field in a separate module, "Docgen" which calls  data/field  from multiple modules.  The Documents we generate are substantial  +- 25 A4 pages of text.       

Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams & take risks. Life is happening NOW !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users