#1 TechnoDino

TechnoDino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:02 PM

Add dropdown lists for Country and State. This will reduce typos and allow consistent data entry. For example: "US" versus "USA" versus "United States".

Thanks
John

:)Thanks :)

John

#2 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationCenturion, south Africa

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:39 AM

Hi John, you can easily update any field or dropdown in X2CRM already via Admin through the front end.

Are you referring to specific hard coded fields?

#3 TechnoDino

TechnoDino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:18 AM

eugeneb:  Thanks for responding. I understand about & have used the Admin to modify drop downs.  This is a cool feature as are many other functions in the Admin.

I am referring to a hard coded drop down.  It would be a massive task to hand load all this data into X2.  Many applications come with drop downs supporting this requirement.

John

John

#4 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 11:34 PM

I hear. I will have a look and see if i can maybe find an elegant way. Will let you know if I find anything..:-)

#5 TechnoDino

TechnoDino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:43 PM

eugeneb:  Thanks.  Sorry for slow reply.  Lots of medical challenges recently.

Just a wild thought:  Is there a way to create auto-updating drop down box.  This is a drop down box that automatically adds entries and alerts to duplicates?  Probably not. :)

John

John

#6 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:17 AM

Hi John,

No unfortunately you cant via the interface do dynamic or auto updating drop-downs. Or at least from what I am aware. Drop-downs are fixed.

Obviously you can do more with hardcoding but I tend to stay away from that. If I cant mod something for my customer via the interface I change my requirement rather...:-)

#7 TechnoDino

TechnoDino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 29 September 2018 - 07:32 AM

Eugeneb:  actually making progress on this project.  No desire to hard code. An endless battle keeping customizations so they work with latest data base upgrades. 

1. Created a drop down for US states & Territories. Learned that there are territories I did not know about. 

2. Found a cvs delimited list of countries & abbreviations on line; French & English.  Found a csv import tool in the customization tab.  Anyway to import the csv file into a drop down?  seems I can import the data into contacts but not sure how to make it into drop down.

3. Any way to share my drop downs with the community in case others are interested?

Thanks

John

John

#8 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:00 PM

You can import CSV data into Contacts and via that process create fields for new imported fields, but not dropdowns from what I have seen. Haven't tried myself for dropdowns.

You should be able, on bulk to just load the list directly into the MySQL Database where the dropdowns are. That should be easiest.

Via the X2 interface the only way I know is to create the individual dropdown names/fields which in your case can be tedious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users