• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lt2018

lt2018

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:55 AM

I cannot get either my personal email or google suite email account to authenticate.  We of course want our business accounts working with this new installation of X2crm however when we try to authenticate it fails.  I have logged into my google suites and reset my password there and tried again at X2crm and still failed.

Just to see if it would work I tried my personal gmail account and the same thing is happening.

I then decided to try my yahoo account with the same results.

My questions are

1. Is there another setting somewhere that I am missing in this setup?

2. I have a new server...would this have anything to do with it?  I expect not since email is all managed w Google.

Thanks for the help

Attached Files

#2 sj136

sj136

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:13 AM

Were you able to solve this problem?

I am having the same problem.

Thank you in advance.

• gfl likes this

#3 X2Peter

X2Peter

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:10 PM

Hello sj136,

Do you by any chance use mutli-factor authentication to login to your email service provider?

#4 sj136

sj136

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:56 PM

X2Peter - Thank you for your reply.

I do not use a multi-factor authentication to login to the email service (both gmail and my own domain mail through a hosting company).  BTW, I have X2CRM loaded on a computer on my local network.

I believe I have a php problem. I do not know what program x2crm uses for the php mailer. I do not know how the php mailer is sending out mail.

Can you let me know how this works?

What are the IMAP or SMTP configuration files/settings that are needed? and where are they at?

Which is ones is X2CRM using?

I hired someone to help me do some troubleshooting and it appears they found a fix for being able to send out emails in X2CRM.  They installed php7.0-mail and postfix and then I was able to Verify Crendentials and sent out some test messages -- both using gmail and using my own domain email address.

Is this something that is normal to have to install (php-mail and postfix) for X2CRM to be able to send mail?

I have not been able to get the incoming mail to come into X2CRM into the Contact's record.  The outgoing messages are displaying in the Contact's record. I both Replied to the message and I sent a new message to the email address (attempted with both the gmail address and my domain address), but they did not go into the Contact's record.  Is there something else that needs to be set up for that to work?

#5 X2Peter

X2Peter

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:57 PM

The IMAP/SMTP settings are configured when creating your email credentials within the 'Manage Apps' section. The app itself uses PHPMailer (https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer)  in order to send out the emails and uses the credentials you supply directly. Depending on your OS/platform, you shouldn't need to install any php mail module as PHPMailer will either use the sendmail binary (if it's found on your system otherwise it will use Postfix, QMail etc.) or it's own mail functions. Postfix is only necessary is sendmail isn't available and you are sending via the 'System Default' emailing method.

Regarding the ability to verify credentials, did you save the credentials then try to send email via those credentials? I have run into an instance where the button was not working properly but that bug should have been fixed in version 6.9.

To receive incoming email AKA to use the app as a mail client, you must have credentials set for an IMAP server as the app uses IMAP to retrieve email. If you are looking to record incoming email messages with their respective contacts, please refer to the 'Email Dropbox' configuration documentation found here: http://wiki.x2crm.co...eceiving_Emails

Please feel free to bump this thread with further questions regarding email.

#6 rordallas

rordallas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:25 AM

I am able to use personal gmail account with X2CRM.  The key is allowing less secure app access in your Google account settings (see attached file).  Note: this is a Google ACCOUNT setting, not a Google email setting.  I did not mess with IMAP settings, nor have I tried using IMAP.

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gmail, email, authentication

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users