#1 cimenta

cimenta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationthe Czech Republic

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:43 PM

hi

I'm very serious to self host X2CRM but I am unsure how email within X2CRM works. Could someone please shed some light on that?

Q1) can I access few of my inboxes from the system?

Q2) if I send an email from the system I can find out whether the recepient opened the email

Q3) can I "attach" outgoing email to a contact history?

Q4) when a contact = recipient of the emaili reply to the email so it is attached to the contact. Meaning. I go a contact, click the email icon, send email and when the user replies I can see it under the contact itself

Q5) can I schedule campaingns to be sent out in chunks?

Q6) how can I set up/ manage so user can unsubscribe from campaigns? I might have few regular campaigns and use might unsubscribe only from one of them

Thank you

Radek

#2 PublishItNow

PublishItNow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:36 PM

Hi Radek,

1. Yes. I run multiple inboxes in my system, and you can limit access to specific users if you want.

2. There is automatically an embedded image into emails which will report back to the system with a notification if it's opened. Note this only works if the receiver's email system loads the image, not all of them do.

3. Automatic logging of outgoing emails works very well, haven't had any issues with it.

4. This works quite well. When you open an email, it will log it against the contact record automatically. You need to open it first though.

5. You can schedule campaigns. As for scheduling chunks, you can set batching limits in the settings (I've never broadcast so many at the same time to need them though, so don't know how well that works).

6. There's an unsubscribe link added to all campaign emails automatically. However it will unsubscribe from ALL emails, it won't differentiate between different lists as some systems can. 

Happy to help!

Warmest regards

Publish It Now

#3 cimenta

cimenta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationthe Czech Republic

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:37 AM

4. This works quite well. When you open an email, it will log it against the contact record automatically. You need to open it first though.

5. You can schedule campaigns. As for scheduling chunks, you can set batching limits in the settings (I've never broadcast so many at the same time to need them though, so don't know how well that works).

6. There's an unsubscribe link added to all campaign emails automatically. However it will unsubscribe from ALL emails, it won't differentiate between different lists as some systems can. 

Happy to help!

Warmest regards

Publish It Now

4. What I am asking here is whether when I send an email from X2 and the other party replies then if the email is attached to the contact I sent the email to

5. I won't have huge campaigns but wanted to know

6. It's quite common to have few campaigns - company updates, security updates, new products etc etc. I guess it might a request for new feature

7. do you use responsive emails?

thank you for your help

Radek

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: email

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users