8 replies to this topic

#1 Raczysty

Raczysty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:14 AM

Hello everyone,

i would like to change assignedTo list appearance in Opportunities module. Correct me if i'm wrong but i think it's possible by updating CSS "appearance" property (right now, value is set to "listbox" and i would like to change it to "checkbox" or "radio"). The only problem (i hope so) is that i can't find assignedTo selector in CSS/JS/PHP files...

I will be grateful for any help ;)

Best regards.

Attached Files

#2 X2Isaiah

X2Isaiah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 256 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:41 AM

The id may be being procedurally generated by our code, and may not be used for CSS. I would take a look at its class instead

The CSS code is located in the themes directory

Isaiah Solomon

Software Engineer

X2Engine Inc.

#3 Raczysty

Raczysty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:32 AM

The id may be being procedurally generated by our code, and may not be used for CSS. I would take a look at its class instead

The CSS code is located in the themes directory

Hi Isaiah,

thank you for your quick respone :) Can you tell me, where can i find code that generate assignedTo list view in Opportunities module? I found scripts in _view.php and _form.php (opportunities/views/opportunities) but i don't see -webkit-appearance property in these files...

I will be grateful for any help :)

Best regards.

#4 RoisWufe

RoisWufe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:13 AM

Hello everyone,

I am intrested in too how to change this kind of input (i.e. from select to checkboxes) to another one, also how to change inputs apperance too.

Best regards,

Dawid.

#5 asadali3210

asadali3210

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:38 PM

As mentioned by X2Isaiah, the CSS code is located in themes directory. 

@RoisWufe 

To change fields, you might need to customize the Views or use the Customization Studio(depending on the type of fields you are working with). 

Are you working with custom fields or the default ones? 

X2CRM Engineer @ ROIGap LLC.

#6 RoisWufe

RoisWufe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:10 AM

As mentioned by X2Isaiah, the CSS code is located in themes directory. 

@RoisWufe 

To change fields, you might need to customize the Views or use the Customization Studio(depending on the type of fields you are working with). 

Are you working with custom fields or the default ones? 

I am working with both type of fields. And in example i dont know how to change appearance of "assigned to" field from default one to checkboxes.\

I found function custom field but swap "Assigned to" from type Assigned to checkboxes results of empty checkbox.

#7 asadali3210

asadali3210

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:36 PM

I am working with both type of fields. And in example i dont know how to change appearance of "assigned to" field from default one to checkboxes.\

I found function custom field but swap "Assigned to" from type Assigned to checkboxes results of empty checkbox.

The appearance of default 'Assigned To' fields can only be changed through source code  customization. The assigned to fields are embedded in views through dynamic code and therefore, need to be manipulated through custom code. 

However, you can customize Custom Fields from the studio with out needing any source code changes. 

The appearance of fields(CSS) can be changed for both these types of fields however. 

And yes, if you try to swap the default behavior without complete customization, it will break the view/not display the values correctly(as in your case above). 

X2CRM Engineer @ ROIGap LLC.

#8 RoisWufe

RoisWufe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:10 PM

The appearance of default 'Assigned To' fields can only be changed through source code  customization. The assigned to fields are embedded in views through dynamic code and therefore, need to be manipulated through custom code. 

However, you can customize Custom Fields from the studio with out needing any source code changes. 

The appearance of fields(CSS) can be changed for both these types of fields however. 

And yes, if you try to swap the default behavior without complete customization, it will break the view/not display the values correctly(as in your case above). 

Can you tell me where find those files, or what should i change.

After changing this kind of form should i change other files?

What will be the likely impact of changes on the system?

Should i remove those changes before every update ?

#9 RoisWufe

RoisWufe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:57 AM

Can you tell me where find those files, or what should i change.

After changing this kind of form should i change other files?

What will be the likely impact of changes on the system?

Should i remove those changes before every update ?

Will you answer my question?

Best regards,

Dawid.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Opportunities, assignedTo, appearance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users