#1 PublishItNow

PublishItNow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:49 AM

Hi John,

First of all, can I emphasise how big a fan I am of X2Engine! I love it. On top of a solid CRM, if I want a custom solution, I can deep dive into the code and craft a response to my unique situation. I'm able to fix bugs, and change anything I want. Under the old licence structure I was a paying Pro customer. There are many many positives about X2Engine.

There's been a change over the last 12 months though.

Right now, there's no roadmap, something every tech company at your stage of development has, and requests for one aren't being responded to. It would be great to know whether feature requests are being incorporated into your planning, and if not, why not? You have sent out a newsletter telling us there's a new major release coming this month, but no information about what's in it.

There's still quite a few unresolved bugs being reported in the forums (after all, we are your beta testers). 12 months ago, Raymond was all over bugs, actively working on solutions and active in the forums. These days we get acknowledgement, and little more. No progress updates, even when we've done the leg work to replicate the bug, narrow down the problem or even provide you with the code to fix it. 

Why should you care if an open source user is unhappy with the current situation? I'm getting the software for free right?

I'm working on a custom solution for my business using X2Engine. Having access to premium support to point me in the right direction when I hit a roadblock and getting priority attention on bugs is something I would pay for. In November, I replied to your email broadcast inviting past paying customers to connect and discuss the new paid programs with a clear "I want to pay for your service. Can you please answer these questions". Despite two followup emails on my part, I've heard nothing from your team.

Please let me repeat that. I offered to pay for your product, and I haven't even had an acknowledgement. 

Finally, your current plans don't have a midrange on premises option anymore. I'd be paying for the older Platinum plan right now if you still operated under that structure, a plan that's ideal for my situation at the moment. The closest fit to my needs is your Partner Program.

So what am I asking of you?

1. Please communicate more. Let us know what your developers are working on. We want to feel like we're involved with the evolution of your product.
  2. Please prioritise bug fixes. This is crucially important to both your open source community, and your paying customers. 
  3. Please ask your sales people to reply to emails. This is business 101. The window where I'm interested in paying is closing quickly, indeed it may have already passed. Having an option that closely meets my needs, but is only available by talking to your sales people makes it difficult to give you money when they don't reply.

I'm not here to create problems. I'm a business owner, and would certainly value any of my customers coming to me to highlight problems they're having with my products. I hope you take this message in the spirit in which it's given, a desire to see X2Engine continue to grow and develop.

Warmest regards,

Andrew

#2 cimenta

cimenta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationthe Czech Republic

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

I have to second what was written up there ....

I am looking for new CRM solution for my company and when looking around by accident I found X2CRM. I do like it. It looks like it meets almost all my requirements but I got the feeling of not clear future for this product. I cannot migrate to X2 if the product has no (clear) future.

Could X2 representative comment on the concerns raised above?

Thank you

Radek

#3 cris2371

cris2371

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:22 AM

Same for me, also looking for a new solution which should stay at least for 5-10 years.

kind regards

Cris

#4 mcrt

mcrt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:51 PM

Very good points.  Unfortunately, seeing as John hasn't been active since 12/23/2016 makes it highly unlikely he will see this let alone respond to it.

#5 alt_f4

alt_f4

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:29 AM

Oh, new informations? https://x2crm.com/pricing/ 

Some more informations would be welcome...

#6 Attila

Attila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:11 AM

Hi Gents 

Our fellow contributor,  Eugeneb,  mentioned to me that a lot has changed at X2, for example John Roberts  and a number of the old programmers have moved on, the company seems to be reshuffling/organising itself to be more commercially orientated.

I wrote to the new CEO, David Buchanan, in May and was told that they are working on a "Road Map" and would communicate to the forum, I was also assured that we would see more activity from X2 on this forum, well that was 3 months ago.

In the mean time I have forged on with some bespoke developed code and have a beautiful functioning system, in spite of the above. 

Regards 

Attila 

Ps: as a matter of interest Sugar CRM's community forum followed the similar fate as this one,  I'm sure there are many more.  

#Eugeneb

Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams & take risks. Life is happening NOW !

#7 Attila

Attila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:16 AM

Also a twitter response: in July 

• @x2crm Hi Guys any chance you will be publishing your future developments road map, reason I ask is that Yii 1.01 and PHP 5,6 are almost dead and unsupported. Something that is causing a stir is that the community forum has not seen a X2staffer comment for months. Please Advise

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

View Tweet activity
YEHpPJDt_bigger.pngX2CRM @x2crm
FollowFollow @x2crm
More
Replying to @Attila_Barath

Hi Attila, We are currently in the process of making a future development roadmap to share with the public. It'll be coming out soon, keep an eye on our social media for the announcement.

7:30 PM - 6 Jul 2018

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message

pAF3eCxA_normal.jpgTweet text

1. New conversation
    •  

We will have our engineers look into it, currently they are busy with creating new features for X2CRM. Within the next week you should be seeing increased activity from the X2 staff.

• More

@x2crm Hi Guys any chance you will be publishing your future developments road map, reason I ask is that Yii 1.01 and PHP 5,6 are almost dead and unsupported. Something that is causing a stir is that the community forum has not seen a X2staffer comment for months. Please Advise

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

View Tweet activity
YEHpPJDt_bigger.pngX2CRM @x2crm
FollowFollow @x2crm
More
Replying to @Attila_Barath

Hi Attila, We are currently in the process of making a future development roadmap to share with the public. It'll be coming out soon, keep an eye on our social media for the announcement.

7:30 PM - 6 Jul 2018

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message

pAF3eCxA_normal.jpgTweet text

1. New conversation
    •  

We will have our engineers look into it, currently they are busy with creating new features for X2CRM. Within the next week you should be seeing increased activity from the X2 staff.

Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams & take risks. Life is happening NOW !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users