X2Community Forums

Emails being Logged against incorrect records

Hi Guys,

I've raised this in another thread, but it's getting serious enough that I need to report it separately to get a bug fix going, rather than it being lost in another bug's thread.

We have 5 different email addresses setup as shared inboxes, with more to come. This is so that there's an email address dedicated to a single area, to keep things separate between each product. 

Incoming emails are being logged against the incorrect accounts. 

I'll receive an email, and it's logged against MULTIPLE contacts, and the contact it's from won't always log it correctly.

The system is correctly identifying the contact from the email address in the Email module (ie I can click through to the correct record from the email module).

I'm using 6.9 at the moment with the issues in the incremental release and none of the bugs patched in the changelog were affecting me, I decided to wait until the next release. 

Additionally, often when it's logged against the correct record, I press reply on the message in the contact record, and there's no body, and no body displayed in the log, until you click the small display button in top right hand corner.

I will note I run another installation for a separate part of my business that runs a single email address, and have never seen this issue in that installation. 

I've attached a screenshot of the actions column from a record to show you what's happening. The first two records are emails received from a different contact. There are no relationships between them. The outgoing email from a campaign and the subsequent open have been correctly recorded. As far as I'm aware the issue is only with incoming emails.

Thankyou in advance.

Warmest regards,

Andrew

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I've raised this in another thread, but it's getting serious enough that I need to report it separately to get a bug fix going, rather than it being lost in another bug's thread.

We have 5 different email addresses setup as shared inboxes, with more to come. This is so that there's an email address dedicated to a single area, to keep things separate between each product. 

Incoming emails are being logged against the incorrect accounts. 

I'll receive an email, and it's logged against MULTIPLE contacts, and the contact it's from won't always log it correctly.

The system is correctly identifying the contact from the email address in the Email module (ie I can click through to the correct record from the email module).

I'm using 6.9 at the moment with the issues in the incremental release and none of the bugs patched in the changelog were affecting me, I decided to wait until the next release. 

Additionally, often when it's logged against the correct record, I press reply on the message in the contact record, and there's no body, and no body displayed in the log, until you click the small display button in top right hand corner.

I will note I run another installation for a separate part of my business that runs a single email address, and have never seen this issue in that installation. 

I've attached a screenshot of the actions column from a record to show you what's happening. The first two records are emails received from a different contact. There are no relationships between them. The outgoing email from a campaign and the subsequent open have been correctly recorded. As far as I'm aware the issue is only with incoming emails.

Thankyou in advance.

Warmest regards,

Andrew

but where is ur screenshot?  

I have not met this kinds of issue yet.

Hi Isaiah,

Thankyou for that. I'm happy to give access to one of your team members to take a closer look if possible. Reinstallation would be a pain as I've done a decent amount of customisation of this installation. 

I've never encountered the issue on my other installation, however I only run a single email address off there.

Warmest regards,

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I've performed a replacement of the whole file system, keeping the config files intact. I restored my changes to the workflow module, these shouldn't affect the display of email actions. 

I investigated deeper when I noticed the email was correctly logged on the correct record. However, when I was browsing through the contacts, and the email popped up on the wrong record, I would delete it from the incorrect record. At this point it would also disappear from the correct record.

This leads me to wonder if the bug is in the display. So I dug even deeper into the database to check this.

I sent a test email to one used by the system (business@) that got correctly logged against record id 1 (my personal record). I then browsed the contact records until I found it showing on record ID 9, in addition to three other test emails I've sent this evening, including one to a different email address (info@). Record 9 has no relationship of any kind with record 1. Both records are manually entered into the system. From what I can tell, all incoming emails from the same address on record 1 are being shown on record 9.

Outgoing emails logged against record 1 are not being shown on record 9.

At this point, I checked the table action_to_record and confirmed it only had a single record against that action id 2018, indicating record 1, as expected. There are no javascript errors on the console.

So there appears the issue with email logging is more to do with the incorrect actions being displayed on a record.

I hope this helps in your debugging. This bug is driving me crazy.

Warmest regards,

Andrew

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...