Attila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:56 PM

Mornin

I am trying to create a custom field that links to a file or a directory. Is there a way to create a "click here" hyperlink ? in X2

One could select a URL Field format, but URL address's are usually extremely lengthy.     

The workaround is of course something like TinyURL to shrink the length and to redirect to wherever needed, my concerns with this is that should the public TinyURL  service close down  one would have to redo everything 

I suppose the alternative is to self host a Tinyurl server but again if the redirection service fails ...back to square one      

Maybe the "click here" hyperlink  could be a future feature .... 

Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams & take risks. Life is happening NOW !

#2 alt_f4

alt_f4

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:02 AM

See also here http://community.x2c...in-file-system/may we can find a solution...

As a workaround, we┬┤ve configured a (local) webserver with directory-brwosing pointing to our file-server.

Then defined a custom filed:

<a href="http://fileserver/{c_path}/{name}.pdf"{c_hrefblank}>{name}</a>

But the user has to manually fill in the file-name and put the file to the fileserver manually also. But with the custom filed, from now the file is accessible by X2.

c_path = directory on the webserver (changed from year to year by admin)

name = filename manually

c_hrefblank = just a string to open in new tab

#3 Attila

Attila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:12 AM

Thanks Michael ...... seems I'm coming in on the tail end of a good  idea   ...   :D   well done 

Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams & take risks. Life is happening NOW !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users