#1 poborn

poborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

Hi all,

Version 6.9

We have started having an issue where adding a new business randomly affects several existing businesses currently in the CRM.

e.g. Today we had: Contact name, phone number and email address duplicate themselves from the new business into 5 existing businesses, overwriting the details that were previously stored in those fields!

#2 X2Isaiah

X2Isaiah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:21 AM

Hey poborn,

Is the businesses you are talking about located in the accounts module? And are each of the businesses similar in name?

Isaiah Solomon

Software Engineer

X2Engine Inc.

#3 poborn

poborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:01 PM

Yes, using the accounts module.

All business names were very different. Not all fields were overwritten, mainly the contact details and description.

Then... Fixing one of those affected caused a different five existing accounts to change their details to the same as the account we were fixing! (if that makes sense).

#4 poborn

poborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:50 PM

It did it again today. Overwrote contact details of existing entries.

Affected 5 different businesses.

I'm trying to find a pattern! 

#5 X2Isaiah

X2Isaiah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:02 AM

Hey poborn,

Check your error and application logs in protected/runtime and see if any error was being thrown. Also, do you have any customizations for your instance?

Try doing all of your business editing in a private window (incognito mode) for now and see if you are still getting overwritten entries.

Isaiah Solomon

Software Engineer

X2Engine Inc.

#6 poborn

poborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:19 PM

I cant see any obvious errors in log, just login errors.

When I edit a few of my accounts it says at the top of page in red "this may be a duplicate" and displays green buttons at bottom of account page, 'Keep', 'merge' delete others' etc.

Overall I have 1125 individual accounts.

In admin under duplication checker, 86 are showing as duplicates, but I cant see why?

business names are different, contact details are different.

There is no information I can find in userguide or wiki about duplicates, what constitutes a duplicate, how the crm checks for duplicates (in fact a search of the word 'duplicate' returns one result -and its not related to the duplication system).

Can you provide more information on what the system checks for when looking for duplicates?

#7 X2Isaiah

X2Isaiah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

Usually, what constitutes a duplicate is having the same values for certain fields, for Accounts specifically the fields that are checked are tickerSymbol, website, and name. Our docs do not cover certain topics, which we plan to change in the near future, but the only reference is in the open source code.

Unfortunately, I was unable to recreate the same issue with these overwriting fields. If the issue cannot be fixed, there may need to be some custom code changes needing to be made in order to prevent this behavior.

Have you tried performing the same action in a private window or incognito mode in your browser? Try also checking the account again that the dupe check references to see if they are actually changed, or if they are only changed in the dupe check.

Isaiah Solomon

Software Engineer

X2Engine Inc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users