#1 PublishItNow

PublishItNow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:53 PM

Hi Guys,

I've recently started having issues with the email widget. Essentially what happens is when I go to try to read an email on a particular email inbox (inbox #1) the loading wheel comes up but the email doesn't. Changing to a different folder within that inbox doesn't fix the problem. Additionally, the system processed an incoming email in that inbox as an empty one when assigning it to the contact. Deleting and moving messages also doesn't work. This was working fine until a couple days ago. It's possible, but not certain, this may have occurred when I changed default account to a different inbox. 

However, when I change the widget to another email (either inbox #2 or #3) it works fine, except for deleting. An incoming email was properly captured against the record.

I've tried deleting the inbox and resetting it up. Settings are the same as the other two inboxes, other than the specific login credentials.

One of the inboxes also randomly deleted an email completely (inbox #2). There's no sign of the email in trash, nor when I log into webmail directly. It's just gone. Fortunately this is the one the system captured properly. 

There's also an error where the controls don't always show up when selecting an email, both in the widget, and the email module. This is usually rectified by reloading the page, or changing boxes and coming back again. Annoying but can be fixed at the same time.

Additionally, there's an error which comes up after moving or deleting an email where the inbox disappears and is replaced by the message "failure". Reloading the page causes the widget to display properly again, with the operation completed. This one's been pretty consistent for a while.

Finally I'd like to ask that the repeated Re:'s in the subject line get fixed. The code I'm using to fix this behaviour is:

Fix Email Reply Subject Line Behaviour

Change:

/*inlineEmailManager.

setSubjectField ('Re: ' + messageAttrs.subject).

prependToBody ($('<br/><br/><br/>').add (body$)).

hideShowSubjectField (true);*/

// CODE ADDED

var subject = messageAttrs.subject;

var subjectPrefix = '';

if (subject.substring(0, 4) != 'Re: ' && subject.substring(0, 4) != 'RE: ')

subjectPrefix = 'Re: ';

inlineEmailManager.

setSubjectField (subjectPrefix + messageAttrs.subject).

prependToBody ($('<br/><br/><br/>').add (body$)).

hideShowSubjectField (true);

At Line #: 562

In File: emailInboxesGridSettings.js

Location: x2engine-pro\protected\modules\emailInboxes\assets\js

Notes: May also need to be replaced in the cache folder (x2engine-pro\assets\)

But it would be nice to not have to change it every update (I'm aware I can put it in protected, but given the email functionality is being worked on in the last few updates, I prefer to get the updated behaviour first).

Warmest regards,

Andrew

#2 PublishItNow

PublishItNow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:22 AM

Update:

Emails are also being incorrectly logged against the wrong records too.

I will attempt to delete all inboxes, and set them all up again.

Regards

Andrew

#3 X2Isaiah

X2Isaiah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:17 AM

Hey PublishItNow,

Sorry to hear about your issue with the email widget.

Which version of X2CRM are you using? Browser and OS? First, try repeating the same thing in a private window (or incognito mode) and see if the issues are still repeating. Also, check the JavaScript console in your browser. Another place that helps with debugging is in /protected/runtime in the files error.log and application.log. Hope that helps.

In regards to the "Re:"'s, we can try to get that in the next release.

Isaiah Solomon

Software Engineer

X2Engine Inc.

#4 PublishItNow

PublishItNow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:48 AM

Hi Isaiah,

Apologies for the delay in reporting. I haven't had the time to do a deeper investigation.

I'm using latest X2Engine version 6.9. I'm working in Chrome on Windows, no change in Incognito mode. 

It appears the issues are arising in shared Inboxes. The first inbox I'm referring to is the one configured as "My Inbox" while the others are shared. It also explains why I haven't come across the error in any of my other installations as they are all running a single inbox. I don't seem to run across any issues when using the email module, the emails are properly logged, display properly. 

In the widget the shared inboxes don't show emails properly (perpetual loading wheel), when an email loads, it sometimes shows an email from a different shared inbox, and log emails incorrectly (body is logged only as a single letter, eg "t" without any of the content from the email, and doesn't have the view email link to show any content when the content is properly logged). 

For my attempts to fix the issue, I've deleted and readded all the Inboxes from scratch with the same behaviour. I've also replaced the entire components folder with a copy from your latest repo, along with clearing the assets folder.

I hope this helps narrow in on the issue.

Warmest regards,

Andrew

#5 PublishItNow

PublishItNow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:21 PM

Update:

Having stopped using the widget, I'm now seeing similar errors in using the Email module, and with the default User email (my personal one), where the emails are being logged as blank on the correct record.

I'm also having issues where I'll select multiple emails and the controls for delete, move etc don't appear. I'm using Chrome, however when I moved to Edge, the controls appeared correctly.

The system not being able to process emails correctly is a massive problem. Could I have an update on progress on resolving these bugs?

Warmest regards,

Andrew

#6 PublishItNow

PublishItNow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:53 PM

Hi Isaiah,

Is there any update on this bug? I'm happy to give one of you guys access so you can see it in action. I received an email yesterday and it seems it's been recorded on half a dozen contact records I've seen so far. Meanwhile the contact the email was from has no sign of the email.

Warmest regards,

Andrew

#7 X2Isaiah

X2Isaiah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:00 AM

Unfortunately we have not fixed it completely just yet. Our other developers are currently working on bug fixes, one of them being the one you have mentioned. Thank you for being patient with us though.

For now maybe we can try to diagnose the issue? So a couple questions, which email server are you using? (Gmail, your own, etc)

Try to replicate the issue, and then like mentioned in my previous post, check your application.log and error.log in protected/runtime and check to see if an error and/or stack trace is there so I can narrow it down. Also check your Apache log files to check inbound and outbound connections.

It is important that you check all of the things I am asking for, as the more information I have, the better I can help you. Unfortunately, I cannot access your instance directly, but I can try to help you as much as I can without.

Isaiah Solomon

Software Engineer

X2Engine Inc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users