Photo

Document merge - How to make a document template ?

Document merge template

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Grand

Grand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:49 AM

Hi Community,

In X2crm it is possible to make in Docs a template for e-mail with  dynamic variables such as {firstName}, {lastName} or {phone} in the template. 

But how about merging a physical document for printing with dynamic variables ?

I have noticed that this is possible with quotes and invoices and als whem making campaings there is the possibilty to use variables.

Searching this form i saw topics dated 2013 where is mentioned that document merge is not (yet) possible. 

Is there any change or experience in the community now how to merge document or make doc. templates?

Can anybody help me or point me in to a direction where to look?

Looking forward for your response, and always ready to help you back.

Thanks,

Grand

The Netherlands

#2 Grand

Grand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:32 AM

Hi Community,

Here an update of my progress with this topic about document merge 

After deep searching the forum and other sources like X2crm videos and the help guide i conclude that there is no possibility to mail merge data to printable documents. 

Merging data with e-mails is possible and that works realy good. When sellecting an [attribute] you immediatly see the result. With our former crm that was not the case. You only saw the attribute/variable and only could see the result after sending the mail. But that aside.

We do have to match data with printable documents.

The only way i could find that came close was with creating a: Quote.

When making a Quote and Invoice, there is the possibility to use the [attributes] And, even more then with e-mail because with quotes you can use data from: Contacts and Acounts.

But i met to much compromisses to make a work-around of this to make a nice formatted printable document.

Now i am changing my focus to find a document merge solution outside X2CRM. I do hope that there is any kind of API or other intergration possibility with an text-editor like MS-Word or LibreOffice or OpenOffice or so.

So, if you read this and you know a way to merge data with documents or can point me to a external solution? Please reply.

I will be grateful, and always ready to help you back.

thanks,

Grand,

The Netherlands

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Document, merge, template

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users