X2Community Forums

Error in X2Flow Execution

Hi Guys,

I'm running into an error with X2Flow execution.

I have a simple X2Flow setup on a custom module. When I set a customer field, Reset, to true, the X2Flow executes the following commands:

Update Record Trigger, condition Reset equals true

Update Record Action, Set Reset to false, Set Invoiced to false

Continue with X2Flow....

When I set the Reset to true on 10 records, 3 records (same three each time) will execute perfectly, as designed. The other 7 have the error "Invalid Params/Rules" and those will fail before resetting the Reset checkbox, leaving Reset as true. Other than the initial creation, of which Reset is always false, there are no changes to the record until setting reset as true.

These are brand new records, I even recreated them from scratch to ensure they're correct.

The same error occurs if there's no condition on the trigger.

The same error occurs if I delete the rest of the Flow and replace it with a notification instead of the initial update.

The same error occurs if I delete the flow and start a brand new one that's only Update trigger on condition, update record set reset to false.

I have another Workflow set to trigger on the same module upon record update. It executes flawlessly every time. 

As a workaround, using a tag trigger instead executes flawlessly every time. However part of my intention is this Workflow will then trigger the above Workflow as a secondary effect. 

I can't work out why those three records execute successfully and the other seven don't, there doesn't seem to be a pattern to it.

I hope you are able to shed some light on the situation.

Warmest regards,

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

{"version":"5.2","idCounter":4,"trigger":{"id":3,"type":"RecordTagAddTrigger","options":{"modelClass":{"value":"Bfad"},"tags":{"value":"#Reset"}},"modelClass":"Bfad","conditions":[{"type":"attribute","name":"c_bfReset","operator":"=","value":true}]},"items":[{"id":4,"type":"X2FlowCreateNotif","options":{"user":{"value":"{assignedTo}"},"text":{"value":""}}}],"flowName":"BF Reset Ad","flowDesc":""}

• 1 month later...

Hi Isaiah,

Any progress on this bug? It's really hindering my use of the system to have X2Flows not executing reliably every time, as I have to manually check to see if a flow has executed or not, defeating the whole purpose of using the system.

The "Invalid Rules/params" bug is quite a serious one. 

Warmest regards,

Andrew

Hey PublishItNow,

Were the three contacts that worked brand new contacts as well? And the Tag trigger workflow you mentioned executes the initial buggy flow? We can try to isolate the problem, which I think could either be that the contacts being created have some sort of null field, or it could just be a bug on the record update trigger itself, since you have already performed some isolated testing. I will also look more into the record update trigger. Hopefully this can be something fixed soon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same reliably problem with x2flow. On a condition with 'Has Tag' I have sometime (in fact many times) this error :

Execute Branch:  (Failure: No tags on the record matched those in the tag trigger criteria.)

Which is strange because if the record has the tag it must go to the YES branch, and if the record hasn't the tag (then no tags on the record matched those in the tag trigger criteria) it should go to the NO branch instead of raising an error ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi X2Isaiah,

Did you find something about this error ?

It fires up also when there is just the Trigger 'Tag Added' and behind just an email to a contact

So it seems the problems comes from the trigger 'Tag Added'

Failure: No tags on the record matched those in the tag trigger criteria.

here is some details :

In the worflow, the Trigger is 'Tag Added' for the record type Contacts and the tag is SETTISABY_EMAIL1

Then there is an Email Contact.

The json of the workflow is :

{"version":"5.2",

"idCounter":2,

"trigger":{"id":1,"type":"RecordTagAddTrigger","options":{"modelClass":{"value":"Contacts"},"tags":{"value":"SETTISABY_EMAIL1"}},"modelClass":"Contacts"},

"items":[{"id":2,"type":"X2FlowRecordEmail","options":{"from":{"value":"14"},"template":{"value":""},"subject":{"value":"Prise de contact"},"cc":{"value":""},"bcc":{"value":""},"logEmail":{"value":true},"doNotEmailLink":{"value":false},"body":{"value":"Bonjour................."}}}],

"flowName":"SETTISABY_EMAIL1"}

The Output Log is :

October 31, 2017, 4:23:29 PM

Trigger: Tag Added (Success: View record: MyRecord )
Execute Branch:  (Failure: No tags on the record matched those in the tag trigger criteria.)

Sometime there is no failure, and then the email is sent.
Many times, there is a failure, and the the email is not sent.

PS: The TAG wihch trigger the workflow can be seen on the contacts tag...

It would be great to fix this bug, because whe can't now rely on such an hazardous behavior of X2Engine
  • 2 months later...

Member,

Ah, unfortunately it did not make it in the newest release, but we are expecting another patch/version in the soon/near future. Thank you for being patient with us, we try to get in as much bug fixes as possible for the releases, but this is something that we are definitely looking at