2 replies to this topic

#1 gfl

gfl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:38 AM

How to get emails associated with the contacts they are sent to? and/or correctly make the INBOX Sent folder as the SENT BOX with sent-to names showing?

Emails sent by me to contacts are not associated with those contact records. 

They are associated with me, the sender, but not the receiver, but only some of them are associated.

Those sent records are recorded in an INBOX Sent folder and show my name rather than the receivers name.

See print screen at https://snag.gy/L6gMSY.jpg.

Emails sent from x2 are successfully delivered, bare recorded in the email client sent and inbox folders, are recorded in the x2 INBOX sent folder, but are not associated with the sender or received contacts, and the following error is generated:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: AAA@XXX.com host server1.inboundmx.com [216.82.242.99] SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: 553-Message filtered. Refer to the Troubleshooting page at 553-http://www.symantecc...troubleshootingfor more 553 information. (#5.7.1)

#2 gfl

gfl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:15 AM

The failed send email messages may relate to the hostname being webcloud29.au.syrahost.com while the email address domain is different as graeme@aagents.biz.

I have been unable to work out how to match the same domain authentication security and validation settings from the email provided instructions below, due to the unclear x2 setup instructions below, but i did luckily find a not same domain name combination that authenticated..  See https://snag.gy/NeXrZE.jpg.

For IMAP without SSL:

incoming mail server: mail.aagents.biz
outgoing mail server: mail.aagents.biz

·         IMAP Port: 143

·         SMTP Port: 25

For IMAP with SSL:

incoming mail server:  webcloud29.au.syrahost.com
outgoing mail server:   webcloud29.au.syrahost.com

·         IMAP Port: 993

·         SMTP Port: 465

#3 gfl

gfl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:55 AM

I solved the 553-Message filtered error as follows.

-          I authenticated mail.aagents.biz on X2CRM by disabling SSL validation for SMTP only (not for IMAP), but then faced server certificate errors.

-          The solution was to combine

For IMAP without SSL: mail.aagents.biz                             SMTP Port: 25

For IMAP with SSL:       webcloud29.au.syrahost.com      IMAP Port: 993

Association errors may be fixed too.

BUT INBOX Sent emails still show sent-from name instead of sent too & contact associations are in chronological order.

How to see INBOX Sent email sent-to name details instead of the same sent-from name which adds no value?

How to see emails associated with contacts in standard reverse chronological order?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: email, associated, sent, contact

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users