gfl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:15 PM

I'm running X2CRM on a Bitnami WAMP on an AWS windows server 2016. ​​​

I want to update the X2 CRM app.

Before doing so I want to backup the database but I get the error shown on the print screen at https://snag.gy/Aj8WKG.jpg.

So I'm cautious about whether the update will work?

#2 medotron

medotron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

not familiar with windows, but I guess bitnami stack is lack of mysqldump tools. For best practice, an linux-like system is best choice. save much cost, running fast and more stable. before you do any update, backup mysql database and whole x2crm files is good practice. Then you can install linux-like system and LAMP stack, recover x2crm to new operation system. wish this can help.

#3 X2Isaiah

X2Isaiah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 256 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

Hi gfl,

Try updating via terminal with:

mysqldump -u [username] -p [dbname] > [filename].sql

and also create a zip backup of your whole instance of X2CRM.

From there, update without specifying backup.

Isaiah Solomon

Software Engineer

X2Engine Inc.

#4 gfl

gfl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:46 AM

If you familiar with linux and not windows I can see why you might think that " For best practice, an linux-like system is best choice. save much cost, running fast and more stable. before you do any update, backup mysql database and whole x2crm files is good practice"

My experience is the reverse, although I have since eaarly 2017 been trying to find some complete and consistent linux training to become more familiar with it.

1.       I used the Bitnami WAMP stack manager to close down the WAMP.

2.       I winzipped a compressed backup of the Bitnami WAMP stack.

3.       I rebooted the Windows 2016 server, which restarted the WAMP stack.

4.       I ran the X2CRM update from the X2CRM app.

The update succeeded.

Thanks.

#5 medotron

medotron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:45 AM

If you familiar with linux and not windows I can see why you might think that " For best practice, an linux-like system is best choice. save much cost, running fast and more stable. before you do any update, backup mysql database and whole x2crm files is good practice"

My experience is the reverse, although I have since eaarly 2017 been trying to find some complete and consistent linux training to become more familiar with it.

1.       I used the Bitnami WAMP stack manager to close down the WAMP.

2.       I winzipped a compressed backup of the Bitnami WAMP stack.

3.       I rebooted the Windows 2016 server, which restarted the WAMP stack.

4.       I ran the X2CRM update from the X2CRM app.

The update succeeded.

Thanks.

for me, an debian system just an command can finish a lot of tiny thing. But the main reason is, my vps provider, windows server need 40GB disk, 2GB RAM, that cost too much for us. Meanwhile my clean debian server only need 2G disk, 1GB RAM already running fast, most disk(left 17GB) used for x2crm system. It is running over 1 years, never have issue.

In debian, apt-get install, apt-cache search will help a lot about seting up LAMP. just an unzip cmd, can do most of work. 

Digitalocean have good document- https://www.digitalo...on-ubuntu-16-04.  It is really useful.

#6 LRSpartan

LRSpartan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

I put the following in a bat file and then have windows do an hourly backup that overwrites the previous hourly backup. With the start of the next day, I am left with one back up file from the previous day. I am also doing volume back ups as well so I am getting more than just the end of day file.

mysqldump.exe --user=root --password=SamePassword  --host=localhost --port=3306 --result-file="C:\dbbackup\backup.%date:~10,4%%date:~7,2%%date:~4,2%.sql" --default-character-set=utf8 --single-transaction=TRUE --routines=TRUE --triggers=TRUE --all-databases

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users