Using php 5.5.
First thing necessary was adding the ssh2 module, which I did through CPanel.
Uploaded the requirements.php file and it says:
This webserver can run X2Engine!
But the updater still says Cannot run updater.
One or more dependencies of AdminController are missing and could not be automatically retrieved. They are protected/views/admin/updater.php, protected/components/UpdaterBehavior.php
Both of those files exist on the server, with permissions -rw-r--r-- and owned by myself, as are the rest of the files.
The error is most likely due to one of the following things:
- DOUBTFUL, BUT CHECKING WITH ADMINS:
- (1) PHP processes run by the web server do not have permission to create or modify files
- (2) x2planet.com and raw.github.com are currently unavailable
- BOTH SEEM TO BE RUNNING, ALTHOUGH x2planet.com IS FORBIDDEN
- (3) This web server has no outbound internet connection. This could be because it is behind a firewall that does not permit outbound connections, operating within a private network with broken domain name resolution, or with no outbound route.
- I’M USING CLOUDFLARE, BUT AS FAR AS I CAN SEE THE SITE IS MAKING OUTBOUND CONNECTIONS VIA HTTP
To stop this error from occurring, if the problem persists, restore the file protected/controllers/AdminController.php to the copy from your version of X2Engine:
Not sure where else to poke at this point.