X2Community Forums

Hi All

Pretty much a newbie at this. I have a VM in esxi 5.5 running ubuntu 16.04. I install x2crm without any issues & can login & do waht I want. However if I shutdown & restart the VM nothing works & I have to reinstall x2crm. Any help appreciated.

Regards

Chris

Hello Chris,

Could you please describe how the VM behaves after you restart it? Can you reach the web server at all, or does the request fail or timeout? You may want to verify that ports 80 and 443 are available through the firewall. If you're still using UFW on Ubuntu, you can verify your firewall rules with:

sudo ufw status numbered

After rebooting, you can also check whether Apache was properly started with the commands:

ps aux | grep apache
netstat -tln | grep :80

If it is not running, but you can start it with "service apache2 start", then it may not be enabled at runtime. In this case, you can re-enable the service with:

update-rc.d apache2 defaults

You may also be interested in our wiki article "Preparing a Linux Server Environment," which covers many aspects of hosting X2CRM on a Linux server: http://wiki.x2crm.com/wiki/Preparing_a_Linux_Server_Environment

Raymond

Ah interesting, perhaps plain HTTP is disabled, how about:

netstat -tln | grep :443

If this returns an open port, try to reach your instance by prefixing https:// in front of your VM IP address or domain name.

You'll also want to check your Apache error log at /var/log/apache2/error.log for anything interesting.