#1 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationCenturion, south Africa

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

I am using a single form on a couple of contact us pages.
Is there a way to get the url that the form was filed in at, from the various url's that it is used?

It's important for me to know the url origin of a lead using the same form used on different pages.

I've been wrecking my brain with this.

I know you can create separate forms and use tags, but this application won't work. I'm looking to use one form on various locations on my site, but somehow need to get the url info of where the lead completed it, in order to respond accordingly.

I hope someone can help.

#2 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

Hello Eugene,

Ah yes, makes sense. One way to do so would be to add a new custom field to your form to store their source URL, then add some custom JavaScript to capture the referrer (the page the weblead form iframe was loaded on) in the source URL field. You'll also want to insert some custom CSS to hide the source URL field on the form so as to not confuse the user. Please see the following screenshot for an example weblead form configuration, assuming this new URL field is called "sourceUrl":

Attached File  formReferrer.png   54.64KB   3 downloads

Raymond

#3 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

Awesome Ray, it works fantastic,

FEATURE APPLICATION:

The value of this little feature is using one web-form on various products on an online shop where customers can ask product specific questions per product. Because you know where the question originated from, you can answer for that specific product. Using this field in your user notification email you can notify yourself quickly to help a customer. I also use a eMail-to-SMS server to send me SMS notifications and this little field info makes the world of difference.

You guys rock!

#4 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:04 AM

Excellent, great to hear it's working out for you! Nice, great to hear your use case, thanks for sharing!

#5 Webservio

Webservio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:13 AM

We were able to implement this as well and found that if you mark the Source URL field as "hidden" there is no need to add the CSS for "display: none" Great solution to keep from having to create multiple duplicate forms. Thanks!

#6 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:09 PM

Hi Webservio,

thanks for the input. I also ended up just using the Hide field feature. I also like this feature. Makes decisions easier...:-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users