6 replies to this topic

#1 gsonline

gsonline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTel-Aviv

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:00 PM

Every time I try to enable the "Run scheduled X2Engine tasks via web request" the page just reloads with no change.

Here is a video screencast if you want to see the error in action: https://www.screenca...om/t/bHm89UblH 

When running the local API resolvability test everything looks good. 

Web request succeeded.
Response matched expected content.

Conclusion: success! Can run API commands locally from this server to itself.

An insight would be a great help :)

#2 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:29 AM

Hello,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to view the screencast, I got a 404. However, if the form is not updating on page reload with the option enabled, then it may be due to cron configuration. What operating system are you hosting X2CRM on? If you're on a Windows system, you'll need to use another system like Scheduled Commands to run the commands. If you're on Linux, it may be best to check for the presence of /etc/cron.allow and /etc/cron.deny, and make sure that either the web server user is included in the former, or not included in the latter.

Raymond

#3 gsonline

gsonline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTel-Aviv

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:37 PM

Hey, 

I am running x2crm on Linux server (shared hosting on SiteGround).

My Crons are working - I set them up manually in my cpanel - So most things work just fine 

cron-cp.JPG

The only things I can't setup is - Run scheduled X2Engine tasks via web request
run-curl.JPG

*If I can't fix this what will I be missing out on ?**

Attached Files

#4 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:44 AM

Ah yes, then it is likely a cron restriction for the web server user. Since you can add the cron jobs with your cpanel, feel free to add the web request method to your cron table as well.  Both this method and the command line method invoke the same backend methods, but it is always good to have redundancy. If you can use wait actions in X2Workflow, then your cron is configured and working.

#5 gsonline

gsonline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTel-Aviv

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

I totally agree with you regarding the redundancy. Thanks for clearing it up that both do the same job. 

Yes, I can use the "wait actions in X2Workflow" :)  So it sounds like I am good for now!

Thanks again,

#6 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:16 AM

Excellent, great to hear that the wait actions are functional! No problem, glad I could help, I'll go ahead and mark this thread as "solved."

#7 gsonline

gsonline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTel-Aviv

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:30 AM

Here is how I solved the problem :) 

I am using a service to run the cronjob externally and it is working like a charm especially because my hosting provider gives a limit on cron jobs that allow it to only run once every 30 min.

So now I am running every minute using  setcronjob.com (if you have a better server I can use I am all ears : )

Just thought I would give a follow up if anyone else runs into the same limitations I did.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users