X2Community Forums

[Solved] need quote and invoice improvement

Have you customized your Quotes form layout? That format is just used as the default, mirroring the record ID. You should be able to provide your own name on create/update of a Quote. If you've removed the name field, you can add it to your form again with the Form Editor under the X2Studio tools in admin.

• Like 1

Got it. Many Thanks!  I customized my quote inline form that help me save much time. Normally I need revised it name after quick creating on contact module.  

Have you customized your Quotes form layout? That format is just used as the default, mirroring the record ID. You should be able to provide your own name on create/update of a Quote. If you've removed the name field, you can add it to your form again with the Form Editor under the X2Studio tools in admin.

post-10865-0-10108100-1497545876_thumb.png

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I would like to do the same thing with Service Cases. We are using them to keep track of client projects and it would be much easier to connect relationships, find them, and respond to them it the name would be human readable.

It looks like there something changing the name to match the ID

Any help or identifying which files are affected would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hello Dale,

You will most likely need to run a few database updates (on the 'x2_fields' table) in order to change the attribute label of the 'name' field (currently it is the ID). After that, you may need to change some of the grid views within the protected/modules/services/views/services/ PHP files. Let me know if you would like a bit more detailed info.