4 replies to this topic

#1 medotron

medotron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:39 PM

By default, the quote module create quote by name like #1004 #1005, that always confuse me. Need improvement can revise the name when I am creating it.  

#2 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:28 AM

Have you customized your Quotes form layout? That format is just used as the default, mirroring the record ID. You should be able to provide your own name on create/update of a Quote. If you've removed the name field, you can add it to your form again with the Form Editor under the X2Studio tools in admin.

#3 medotron

medotron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:57 AM

Got it. Many Thanks!  I customized my quote inline form that help me save much time. Normally I need revised it name after quick creating on contact module.  

Have you customized your Quotes form layout? That format is just used as the default, mirroring the record ID. You should be able to provide your own name on create/update of a Quote. If you've removed the name field, you can add it to your form again with the Form Editor under the X2Studio tools in admin.

Attached Files

#4 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:12 AM

Excellent, glad to hear this has resolved your issue! I'll update this thread as "solved."

#5 dale

dale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:41 AM

I would like to do the same thing with Service Cases. We are using them to keep track of client projects and it would be much easier to connect relationships, find them, and respond to them it the name would be human readable.

It looks like there something changing the name to match the ID

Any help or identifying which files are affected would be appreciated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quote, invoice, staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users