2 replies to this topic

#1 carvax

carvax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:32 AM

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the excelent community support.

I want to know if is possible to update just 1 field for a contact already created in x2crm.

For example, i have 1 contact with name, lastname, email and 2 dates fields. The dates fields changes every year and different departments are responables for the updates and they do it in excel.

The department 1 could upload the csv with the "datefield1" on may and the department 2 could upload the csv with the "datefield2" on june, but in this case the deparment 2 will upload the old dates for the datefield1 cause they were working on 2 differents copies of excel, then i only want they can update "datefield2" and leave everything else with no changes.

How can i do that?

Thank You. 

#2 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:39 AM

You may be interested in trying the "Update Existing Records" feature on the CSV importer. After you've uploaded your CSV, when you are configuring your field mappings, you can find an option near the bottom of the page to update the existing records. You can select any field you'd like to use as your "match attribute," which is used to lookup the record to update. When performing an import in this manner, you can include only the fields you want to update, and the field used for a lookup, leaving all other fields intact.

#3 carvax

carvax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:55 AM

Yes, i tried that but im getting some sql errors with the register after that... let me check better and i'll inform you

Thank You 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users