X2Community Forums

Your X2Engine session has expired

I updated to the latest version last Friday and I keep getting this message and redirected to the login page. It happens with every browser that I try (Chrome, Epic, IE). Any thoughts?

Your X2Engine session has expired. You may select "cancel" to ignore this message and recover unsaved data from the current page. Otherwise, you will be redirected to the login page.

• Like 1

Hello John,

Sorry to hear you got caught in this weird logout trap. Had you been logging in to two or more different users in the system? I found this to occur after switching away from the admin user. After clearing my cookies for the site and reattempting a login, I was no longer logged out. Please let me know if this works for you, otherwise we can investigate.

Raymond

Excellent, thank you for reporting back. Yes, unfortunately this will occur to those managing multiple accounts for now. Luckily this should be mostly administrators doing so. We are already looking for possible improvements in this area to prevent this behavior when switching accounts, and will report back here with advances. Sorry for this temporary inconvenience.

Hmm that is strange, the issue should be caused by the state of the cookies. What browser are you using? Please be sure to clear the cookies, local storage, and cache to be sure, then refresh on the login page to be sure your username is not still stored. Let me know how this goes, if the issue persists we can continue troubleshooting.

• 4 weeks later...

We are also having this issue with customers logging into with one one account. Clearing cookies doesn't seem to work although it seems to be cookies because opening in incognito mode seems to work.

Any suggestions?

Sorry for the inconvenience with this one, we've gotten a fix written internally for the next release. When clearing your cookies, also clear out the browser's Local Storage, also accessible in the Storage tab of the dev tools.

For now what works is to manually remove the sessionToken using developers console in the browser. Seems this token Expiry might be the problem?? But resetting it this way works.

I hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Medotron, thanks for the testing and feedback. Unfortunately I have to log in as multiple users as we manage many systems. So currently I manually delete the cookie each time.

@X2, any solution or work around maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...